Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

True. But I’ve already given them 4 and I will not accept even 1 year more. Absolutely ridiculous.

4 Likes

The pic I posted of the train crossing supposedly was taken last Monday. If that’s the final holdup on train tracks maybe they could start test runs through the area soon

Big thing we don’t know is it safe for guests to enter that area or is it still part of an active construction site. Can’t imagine WDW risk management letting operations run a train full of guests go through a site where someone could get hurt from flying debris or something similar

3 Likes

WDWmagic.com posted a Tron Photo Gallery today

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tron/gallery/14nov2022-tron-lightcycle-run-construction---november-14-2022.htm

More progress on the train crossing, they need to finish up the landscaping and grading alongside the tracks. Looks like a small wall retaining wall will be installed downhill.

Sidewalk work continues

7 Likes
2 Likes

:shushing_face: This thread isn’t in La Cava :wink:

2 Likes

I know, but at least it isn’t searchable and I feel it weeds out some of the riff raff :wink:

2 Likes

I would recommend deleting the previous 4 posts. It shouldn’t have been stated on this thread.

2 Likes

Honestly I didn’t share anything that I didn’t feel comfortable with sharing. Almost everything I said was quite easy to figure out just by being in the park yesterday. Let’s just say I told my family more about my day that I didn’t share here :wink: I just like the community in La Cava so that’s where I choose to share.

1 Like

That’s up to you. I just think that as a general rule if something has been shared in La Cava but not “in the open”, someone else shouldn’t bring it out “in the open” without permission.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is offended.

You do you boo boo

2 Likes

I don’t think you need a paid subscription. I think you just need a log in and password to see LaCava. You can create a free account that gives you access to the ADR finder.

I think you would see lots of ads, but have access?

3 Likes

This is true. I’m not even sure the Discourse forum software has the ability to handle paid vs unpaid account access in specific categories. But if TP really wanted that functionality they could probably figure it out though.

But this is also true, which is I think the biggest “privacy” advantage for posting in La Cava:

That is, Google bots can’t crawl La Cava as far as I know. So nothing in La Cava should ever show up in web searches.

3 Likes

Sorry I misunderstood your post. I apologize

1 Like

Let’s discuss something park related

@bioreconstruct posted a few Tron pics over the weekend and he has some new features that are going in to the attraction

First they are pulling out old pavement for replacement

New features are going in on the walkway

these white blocks are getting ready for installation. Where tbd?

Finally additional elements are being added to the lamp posts

3 Likes

I mean, Cedar Point already has like, a whole new pavilion/restaurant building and 1/3 of their new Wild Mouse coaster up already… they just tore down the coaster that used to be there in January, and the track for the new one started showing up offsite in late September.

I cannot get over how long the Orlando parks take to open anything new.

4 Likes

Part of me wonders whether Tron’s opening is something that could be brought forward under Iger. Is that wishful thinking?

2 Likes

I think at this point the best he could do is bring it up a couple of months. They haven’t finished operational training. So … maybe? It’s definitely still a 2023 thing at this point.

1 Like

I doubt they would accelerate the timetable for official opening. Maybe AP or DVC previews could come early or be expanded

2 Likes

Yes, there’s no way it can open this year. But I was thinking they could target Spring Break or even Presidents week.

1 Like

I think even Iger couldn’t pull that off at this point. I suspect it is a matter of contracts and such in terms of the work left to be done.

1 Like