Tron ILL

How fast do the Tron ILL’s go in the morning? We have a mid-day arrival in October. I may try the VQ but we don’t plan to get to MK until 5-6p-ish by the time we check in to AKL so there is a risk that either I won’t get it, or by some chance I do and it’s too early of a BG. So if I try for VQ at 7am, would it be too late to buy ILL immediately after for the evening? Or are they gone in seconds/minutes like the VQ (I’ve never purchased ILL before)? Side question - is it possible to time BG1…like if I wait a beat or two…to get later VQ or is it just all over too fast? Are there ever Tron ILL drops during the day?

Thrill data has some great heat charts on the rides - over the last month looks like you could buy Tron ILLs pretty far into the day if you didn’t mind or wanted a later return time.

6 Likes

I’ve been wondering this same thing. Planning to arrive around 3 pm and would love to ride via VQ, but given the strict timing requirements, it seems unlikely that we can get the stars to align. I am wishing for them to open up the timing like the GOTG VQ. . .

1 Like

Thank you so much! That is very helpful!

1 Like

My advice is to get ILLs and you should have no problem getting them. Plus, the line for Tron after reporting for a BG can be up to an hour later in the day vs. 10-15 min for an ILL.

The VQ BGs issued at 7am only go through the mid-afternoon so you wouldn’t be able to use them anyway (you must arrive within 1 hour of being called, 2 hours if you count the unofficial grace period), unlike GotG where you can show up any time after you are called.

So if you want to use a BG, you either need to show up earlier or use the 1pm VQ, which you have to be in the park to apply for. It’s possibly 1pm BGs will still be available at 5-6pm (not unheard of) but highly unlikely. As late as 2-3pm arrival is better but really only guaranteed if you are there right at 1pm.

So again, ILL is the way to go in your circumstances. You can always try for a BG as well, but I wouldn’t rely on it.

You have maybe 3 seconds on most days and as I mentioned, the “later” BGs in the 7am tranche are for early to mid-afternoon at the latest.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. I’m thinking as much as it pains me to do the ILL I might have to just break down and do it!

1 Like

This looks like great news to me. In the new 2024 Guide, it says you can only get Tron ILL at until like 7:02 am !!! This is making my stress level considerable lower so thanks ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really?

That sounds like advice for the VQ as opposed to the ILL. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah basically the 2024 Guide says you have to be on the MDE app at 6:55 every morning to get G+ and the ILLs. If that is not true anymore, that would be the BEST news !!! I am NOT a morning person… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They also say it’s ‘‘optimistic’’ to be able to get more than 2-3 G+ uses in a day. With my record of 17 FP+ in a day at MK, that made me wanna cry a little… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There a few days early on where ILLs ran out before 8am but that hasn’t been the case for some time. And 7:02 would be too late to get a BG, cause those are gone by like 7:00:03. :thinking:

I still think it’s good to get your first LL right at 7am (and if you need a BG, definitely need to as those are gone in seconds), but you can turn over and go back to sleep once you get them. If you’re stacking for the afternoon, it’s less critical to get a LL right at 7am – just need to get one before the park opens so you can maximize the 2-hour rule.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the precious info.

What rides still have BGs currently ?

1 Like

Tron (MK) and Guardians of the Galaxy (EP) are the only ones at the moment at WDW.

2 Likes

Is BG and ILL a separate thing ? Like you gotta get a BG at 7am sharp to ride for free but if you don’t mind paying for ILL you don’t have to worry about BG ?

1 Like

Yes it’s separate. ILL is paid and has a shorter wait. BG is free and waits build to up to an hour for most of the day. BG is like the standby.

2 Likes

So when you do get a BG at 7am, you still need to wait an hour in line despite that ? I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna pay for ILLs…

1 Like

If you get one of the first 20 BGs or so, you can wait for like zero - 20 minutes. After that it ramps up pretty fast. If you can’t ride at 9am, then ILL is the way to go, IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks again, very useful.

1 Like

From this morning’s anecdotal experience: delayed joining via BG1 until 7:00.03. Got boarding group 2.

2 Likes