Tron and Guardians

When are Tron and the Guardians ride supposed to be done? Yes, I know SWGE isn’t even open yet, but not really interested in that, since we have it on the West coast already. We are not getting theTron or Guardians roller coaster though.

1 Like

Both Spring/Summer 2021 currently.

2 Likes

Dear Disney,
Please open Tron and Guardians by November 2020 for our next trip. I need to move the crowds away from my preferred attractions and over to these new coasters. K Thanks Bye. :wink:

Wishful thinking unfortunately.

3 Likes

No, no, Disney. Don’t listen! We are planning to go in December 2020, and while I would love to ride both (well, Tron for sure…I don’t care one way or the other about Guardians, but I expect it will be great fun), I do NOT wish to deal with the crowds of a new ride opening on that trip.

Although, having said that, so far with how SWGE is playing out, maybe it won’t actually draw in elevated crowds, and instead, as you say, just shift the existing crowds away from the other rides.

Okay. If that’s how it will work, I’m okay with the early opening.

2 Likes

The last updates from WDWNews Today and other social media say Tron isn’t supposed to open until “Fall 2021” with a projected time frame being August.

I’ve planned my whole 2021 trip for December, in case of construction delays, based on this.

1 Like

August is Summer though!

Guardians should open earlier than Tron.

The latest news has it opening right before Labor Day, similar to SWGE this year (Aug. 29) That’s close enough to Disney’s Ops “Fall” calendar that it is reported that way.

But yes… Guardians is supposed to open in the Q2 / Spring of 2021.

1 Like

Yes, well, this is Walt Disney World. They operate on a different calendaring system than the rest of the world. :wink:

2 Likes

Nope. Some of us planned to avoid Pandora, SWGE, 50th anniversary, Tron, GoG. The cycle is just the way it should be right now.

1 Like

Indeed.

If you see something projected to open Q1 2020, it means from October - December 2019!

Q2 is the first 3 months of the year, and so on. :grin:

1 Like

Well Spring, yes. But that’s actually Q3 in the Disney year.

“Before May” is the latest I heard. (Although that was a few months ago).

2 Likes

Would that be the Tron motorcycles? :wink:

2 Likes

Hagrid’s Tron motorcycle guardians adventureland.

3 Likes

As long as there’s Ewok’s, I’m in

1 Like

Don’t be silly. That’s Star Trek.

2 Likes

I think the situation with DLR SWGE is showing us that if Disney really wants to manage the crowds for a new opening, they can. Now they question for future openings is, will they?