Trip Review - October 12-19

Arrived at noon to the Contemporary and our room was ready! I had requested a specific room on the 14th Floor Club Level and received it, so a wonderful start to our week! Beautiful view and very spacious balcony, We headed downstairs to the Contempo Cafe to grab something to eat and spent the afternoon/early evening at Magic Kingdom. We had an early flight that day, so we walked back to the Contemporary for a good night’s sleep.
Sunday was Epcot day, lunch at the Rose & Crown (delicious!) Test Track lost power just as we were about to board, had to leave, but everyone received an extra fast pass so all good! After a long day there, headed back for snacks at the club level.
Monday we drove to Animal Kingdom. Wonderful day with the all the rides. Hot day as well, over 90 degrees. We did the River Rapids twice in a row by using our free fast pass from the day before. Monday night we had dinner at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs - DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it.
Tuesday we did the ‘Keys to the Kingdom’ Tour at Magic Kingdom. Again, highly recommend this for anyone who wants to know more about the history of the MK, some secrets about the park and the ability to see behind the scenes. We went back to see all the parade floats getting decorated and saw the ‘utilidors’ where all the action takes place under everyone’s feet at the MK. During the tour we rode Haunted Mansion (and learned a lot about the ride and had our own boat for Jungle Cruise). After the tour we had booked some additional fast passes and spent the rest of the day.
Wednesday we headed to Hollywood Studios and went to Toy Story and Galaxy’s Edge for the first time. Both are wonderful, but crowded. Went on Alien Swirling Saucers. We had a FP for Slinky on Friday so we had to wait on that one. Again, hot day but super fun! Dinner was at the California Grill - delicious as usual and watched the fireworks from the outside walkway.
Thursday was Typhoon Lagoon. Another hot day, but we had a Cabana right next to the Lazy River. Our attendant was wonderful, got us our lunch and the Sand Pail Ice Cream Bucket to share! We had all the towels and water we wanted and had refillable soda cups as well. Since we were there early, all the rides were only at a 5 min wait. That night we headed to MNSSHP at MK. We probably got enough candy to last a year!! The parade and fireworks were great and we will definitely go again. The rides were practically walk on (especially during the 1st parade). A must do!
Friday was our day to go back to Hollywood Studios - we waited 90 mins for Smuggler’s Run and it was definitely worth the wait. I was a gunner and I think I did pretty good! Then off to our FP for Slinky Dog - WOW - what a great ride…wish I could have gone again.
Packed up and left Saturday, wish I could go again tomorrow…but will plan another trip for next year! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing! We were at Epcot on Sunday too. Our 9:15 AM TT FP+ converted to an anytime FP+ while we were at breakfast. It took a loooong time for it to come back on online.