Trip report: two childless adults who've turned into Disney people

Your wish is my command! It was actually really fun to write up :slight_smile:

We’re staying at WL in November so based on your screen name, I’ll really have to do a trip report then!

3 Likes

Phew — I would be very upset not to get a good grade! :flushed:

1 Like

I’m glad you finally got around to posting a trip report, lol! It seems there are quite a few Baymax fans around here! We found a little plush Baymax, but if I had found that HUGE one, it would definitely have come home with us! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Awesome report and trip!

I’m surprised they didn’t offer you an anytime FP+ good for pretty much anything other than the Pandora rides when Dinosaur was down.

1 Like

I found him in the store near the PeopleMover, and also at the World of Disney store at DS! I… kinda think I have to buy one in June.

And hah — I was a few weeks late in writing this up. I didn’t have the wherewithal to write it as I was on the trip like you did! That takes stamina.

4 Likes

They did! We just had already gone on all the rides we wanted to (and didn’t feel like going all the way from Dinoland to Africa for another Safari), so we used the anytime on Dinosaur. I WISH we could’ve used it on FoP but, alas…

3 Likes

Well, that might just be on our agenda for next time!

After reading your report, I realize we overlapped so many times in our touring schedule (right down to our arrival at MCO) that we probably passed each other several times and didn’t even know it :rofl:

You’ll be back in June? Wow! We’ll be back in Sept. No overlapping our trips this time. Where are you guys staying?

1 Like

I met Kylo Ren at Disneyland on a trip with my sister. He is so scary. I didn’t even know who it was - I just knew it wasn’t Darth Vader and that he was scary. I made my sister stand closer to him in the picture.

I LOVED your trip report! Thank you for taking the time to write it. I’m a married mom with a 16 year old and a husband who is not a big Disney fan, so if you ever need a third wheel, I’m your gal!

I’m planning a trip for my son and I for October, and I’m looking forward to it, but I’m nervous about the crowds due to SW:GE opening. Your trip report gave me hope that we can do it and enjoy it.

I’m not a huge Tower of Terror fan, but I will do it once per trip. However, I loved Guardians of the Galaxy in Disneyland (the old Tower of Terror there), so if you ever make it out to the best coast, you might try to talk DF into giving it a try.

Can’t wait to see more of your trip reports. I always write one too, because I’m a scrapbooker, and I love to have the documentation of the trip. It’s fun to write, because you kind of get to relive the trip.

2 Likes

We thought we’d be missing the SW:GE opening for our November trip but… yeah, turns out nope. I’ve just decided to take the mindset that it will be a fun new adventure, and we’re going to figure out how to make the best of it! And really — we get to see Star Wars land!! How lucky are we!! (Going in Nov. also means I’ll get 2ish months of reports from people on how it’s going.)

Where are you and your son staying this October? I’m sure it will be amazing!!

2 Likes

Kylo Ren is TERRIFYING — I didn’t even want to meet him but the line was short and I decided to be brave. But I don’t think I even looked at him directly. I just stood stock still while the photog took the picture and then booked it out of there. :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hah! Were you on a JetBlue flight too? Where else did we overlap? That’s amazing!

We might be a little insane for going back in June but… eh, life is short. And we probably won’t tell most people that we’re going away. Mwahaha. In June we’ll be at AKL! I’ve never stayed there before and have always wanted to, so I’m super excited to see what it’s like!!

1 Like

Pop Century. We stayed at All Star Sports on our first trip, when he was 9. We have 10 day park hopper tickets reserved, and I decided to add another night, which means we currently have to change resorts (back to All Star Sports). I’m hoping to eventually be able to book that final night at Pop. My ADR day is in about 2 weeks. I think I have my plans figured out to book those…

Ooooh ten days will be such a treat!! Is your son a big Disney fan??

The good thing about booking ADRs is that it kind of doesn’t matter if you get everything at 180 days, because everyone changes everything in days 179-0. I got nearly everything I wanted for this trip only 33 days before — reservation finder came through for me with Ohana our last day! I hope you write your own trip report, come the time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

He loves the rides. When he was younger, he loved the movies and the characters. He still loves Stitch (his spirit animal), but I’m not sure how he’ll react to characters now. It will be interesting to see. He’s going through an independent phase, where he wants to go off on his own. I’m hoping he won’t be that way there. I’m not sure though.

Yes! That last pic is so sweet. What a wonderful friendship! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your report and look forward to future ones.

1 Like

I loved your trip report and i took some tips from it for when my husband and I go in November (2 childless adults). Also I have to say you two are the sweetest people. Glad you had so much fun!

2 Likes

How the flippin flip did I miss this report completely?? Thanks @MargoBoo for bumpin’ It.

Looked like a great trip!! I’ll be on the lookout for the one in November.

1 Like

Aw thanks — I’m glad my report gave you some ideas! (Tell us about them!)
:blush:

@Randall1028 idk but it is definitely not as epic as the thread you’ve got going right now. I’m at post… 500 of ONE THOUSAND?!? Your trip reports > mine :scream:

1 Like