Trip Report: The one with the epic split stay, AKA the one that saved my sanity

Definitely lower than expected!

1 Like

A couple more thoughts from the first 2 days:
Blue milk is delicious.
They do such a nice job with the pop up characters.

CM have been excellent! We are definitely feeling the magic.
There aren’t as many photopass photos around, but those that are have been amazing. They really spend their time with you and do some fun poses and things. I wondered if I should get MM this time around but they are making mask photos fun.

So far, we have felt incredibly safe here too. Mask compliance has been near perfect and for the most part, people are adhering to the distancing and markers. I was nervous…but Disney is really doing a great job with safety.

10 Likes

And this view though

12 Likes

Great trip! Multiple questions.
Where did you get the nail decals? Cute!
Did you get the shakes from Beaches & Cream or the QS at BCV? I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to get an ADR at B&C but still want to get a shake.
Do you get to keep the mason jar?

Also, major kudos for driving down overnight in one shot!

2 Likes

That’s fine I guess.

:wink:

2 Likes

The drive was all hubs…he gets carsick so he’s gotta drive the whole way. I keep him awake and alert. It was painful though toward the end…nit gonna lie!

Etsy dor the nails! $3.45! Can’t remember the shop but there are lots of options.

Martha’s vineyard for the shakes. We did try B&C but no luck. Martha’s vineyard is right next door…we walked up and had 6 shakes in 10 min!

4 Likes

Crowds right now 12:35:

13 Likes

Wow!!

2 Likes

Mousse cup was super good :+1:.

10 Likes

I didn’t even realize they had shakes! Not seeing it mentioned on the menu either! :writing_hand:

2 Likes

Not on menu, but bartender will go next door to the B&C kitchen to put the order in, as long as you’re about 15 min before closing of B&C or earlier. They were so good, and the fact you get a cupcake or brownie on top of it justified the price to me.

6 Likes

Monday 4/5: World Travelers take 2!

We arrived at IG at about 10:10am. They started letting people in at 10:15. Walked leisurely to soarin, taking a couple photos on the way.

Soarin was a walk on. I mentioned im a ride chicken right? So in all our trips here over the years, I’ve never done this ride. The fam convinced me I would be ok and I had some extra confidence from RotR yesterday so I did it. It was amazing! I did have to close my eyes at first but eventually I was ok and really enjoyed the ride. I vowed that we must do that one again before the day was over.
From here, we walked onto LWTL. We just love that ride.
Then over to SE. Wait was posted at 50 min but TP said 25 and thats about whst we waited. TP definitely more accurate than MDE.
From here we checked out some shops and everyone was hungry so we headed to regal eagle. This place never disappoints. The food was good and ready pretty much as we sat down. We are loving the mobile order. Once we got used to it…its the way to go!
Crowds around WS were pretty light so we did some shopping and just enjoyed the atmosphere. I will say that the huge islands of metal they’ve placed in the lagoon are a huge eyesore. As someone else said, I hope they are worth it.
Frozen was posted at 65 min, line looked like that or more, and we did that one on Saturday so we skipped it. Thought we might go back later in the evening but the wait really didn’t go down by much.
My crew needed some poll time so we headed back to BCV for a bit. The kids enjoy that pool, but for me, I need something more relaxing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I’ll take a nice quiet pool over SAB anyway.
Headed back to IG (I so love walking into the parks) for our dinner reservation at Rose and Crown. This was a highlight of the trip for me. Excellent food, excellent service. Table outside on the water. Hubs had some kind of half and half beer with a stout on top. I didn’t get a picture but it looked cool and man was it smooth. 20210405_175638|666x500
I just love UK.
After dinner we did some more shopping around the world and made our way back to soarin. It was a little before 8 at this point abd we waited about 30 minutes. Remember this was a must do again for me. Family could have cared less. This time we got B2, last time we were c3 so this was an upgrade. Upgrade proved to be too much for me. This great view meant I couldn’t look to the side to ground myself about 2 minutes in I thought I was gonna puke :nauseated_face:. Closed my eyes for a bit but just the movement of the seats was a bit much at that point. But eventually I opened my eyes again and enjoyed the last minute or so of the ride.
After soarin, with my feet on the ground…we walked around Canada and found our way back to BCV.

Who can guess where we are headed for the second part of our epic split stay?

12 Likes

So I’m catching up on this, and I was looking through your pictures and matching up your kids to the ages you listed in the OP, and I was like she says she only has one DD11… I COMPLETELY thought you were one of your kids. It took me until the full family picture to realize you were the mom.
Looks like a great trip!

6 Likes

Favorite comment ever! Thanks :blush:

4 Likes

Hmmm general guess—. magic kingdom area resort?

2 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

But first…

6 Likes

Homecoming??? (please say yes)

3 Likes

Kowakian monkey lizard actually!

Congrats on BG1!

2 Likes

Nope…but I do need to try that place. Next time.

1 Like