Trip report S17X

Most definitely, location put a damper on the whole experience for you.
Similar thing happen to us at Ohana. In 20 years of going to WDW, we went to Ohana for the first time in January. Awful seating location, tables are high, seats are low. The table came up to my neck almost! Service by head waiter was wonderful. Hostess and 2nd server were dreadful. no games, no music. Food was great. So, we’re giving it another go next time with the knowledge of where I don’t want to be seated.__

1 Like

Finally read your daily recaps in order - I had read some, but not all of them, and wanted to get the full experience. :slight_smile:

One common point I noticed in them is that planning pays off - things seemed to go pretty smoothly for you, and when you had a problem you were able to adjust quickly because of all of your preparation. I hope that you stick around the Forum and share all you have learned with the next group of newbies.

Many thanks for sharing all of your experiences!

1 Like

I must admit, it’s going to feel real weird on these boards now without your posts planning out your trip. I swear that’s half the fun. Stressful fun but fun nonetheless

2 Likes

Thanks for the honest final thoughts. Interesting reading different opinions.
We LOVED everything related to HP at Universal and thought the overall theming was spectacular!! Everything from disappearing through Platform 9 3/4 to hearing the bird chirping in the vanishing cabinet to hearing Moaning Myrtle in the loo!!
Haven’t experienced Pandora yet, but am looking forward to it!
To be honest, I felt a little sad reading your final words. Hope you’ll hang around, ya know, so things don’t turn into a suckfest!

2 Likes

I really enjoyed your report. Thanks so much for sharing!

1 Like

I’ve just had a great holiday in disney and universal with my family. We may or may not visit again in the next few years. (We certainly will if my daughter gets a job in epcot which she hopes to do!)

But honestly prof matt I can tell you that answering questions and giving advice to others on here as a result of what we experienced is great fun and kind of helps remind you of all the best bits of your holiday and relives it for you

Which I think is one of the best things about this forum

So stick around like I said before!

You will be an asset to the forum and be able to help so many others have better holidays and make better plans!

5 Likes

I’m glad you had a great trip! I’ve enjoyed reading your posts.

1 Like

Really enjoyed reading all your posts!
It’s funny how we all have different feelings for the same experiences :grinning: I loved CG and MNSSHP! But then I also like Tony’s and most people don’t…
I agree you should stick around and dish out advice to others!

1 Like

Enjoyed reading your honest reports and even your trip summary was organised! Very useful info. Especially liked Sheriff Matt photo and grumpy cat - too funny! I’m thinking this may be my one and only trip too - but probably for financial reasons only. Hoping it isn’t though!