Trip Report POR 7 Nights. Fantastic 1st Trip!

Great trip report - thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing an awesome trip report!!! Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Love the summary! can’t wait to read the rest.

Great report! Thanks for taking the time to write.

Read the whole report! Great bedtime reading:) Thanks for sharing!!

I really needed to read that. I have been obsessing over planning every detail of our vacation. This is our first, and most likely last, trip to WDW. There will probably be a lot of things I will need to “let go” I’m sure.

Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed reading all about your first trip. Seeing through first timer eyes makes it all the more special. The magic never dies may morph and change but is always breath taking whether it is your first trip or 100th. Thanks again

1 Like

I completely understand how you feel, kjwith24! Sounds like you are in the same place I was in with wanting to maximize the research/planning to ensure a great trip. I also thought it might be our only trip to WDW (but now I definitely have to go again). Something that helped with my family was that I talked to them a lot about the trip and how each of us had something different we wanted to get out of it. For example, my husband cared mostly about staying in a nice resort and eating excellent sit down meals. My son wanted to do all the thrill rides. My daughter wanted to experience the animals. I wanted to make rope drop so that we could take advantage of lesser crowds/lines. So, everyone agreed to honor the other’s desires ahead of time. I also made it clear that we can’t do everything and that was understood. So, my husband was up and ready when we needed to be. My son didn’t complain when it was time to go home at night, even though he wanted to do more rides. My daughter, well, she is easy and just goes with the flow which is a lesson for our whole family. And, I dropped the BOG reservation when others wanted to sleep in. It won’t feel like a sacrifice to miss things when you see the big picture each day:-)

So, just set expectations and then, honestly, go with the flow. You will have a great time and just be happy for all the things that work out. There are things I wish we could have seen/done (Welcome show didn’t happen…we never made it onto the People Mover…and we dropped that BOG breakfast/early entry). But, it honestly just didn’t matter because what we did accomplish was great. I’m sure you’ll have a great time! Tell us how it goes. When do you travel?

7 Likes

Late to this post, but thanks for posting. I search for trip reports on here, because I love hearing everyone’s play by play!

this was great, thank you!