Trip report part 1: pixie dust, fab food, great plans

Arrived at Old Key west late Saturday, 4 hours later than expected due to flight delays. So spent all of my birthday in a plane. At check in Pixie dust was abundant: we got our room request: room 3021, requested 3023, which is actually better as end of the row so no noise. Then after hearing our travel woes Mickey gave me a $50 credit to my magic band as a birthday gift. So unexpected, the travel issues were nothing to do with them. Too late for ou original dinner plans, but I hadn’t booked anywhere as per the advice here, so just nabbed from fries.
Up early Sunday for magic kingdom, managed rope drop and conquered all of fantasy land with minimal waits before our 12.30 California Grill brunch.
Food was incredible, they went to another restaurant to get gluten free pancake mix for my son, lobster eggs benedict was real treat and the view over the park stunning.
2 hours later we struggled back to our room after several cranberry mimosas. A jet lag induced nap meant kids woke at 6.30pm and asked for food, quick trip to Disney springs for blaze pizza.
This morning again great touring plan at Epcot after breakfast at Akershus, completed the big rides with longest queue for Soarin for 35mins. We were flagging by 2 so after ice cream in France heAded home for. Swim to what is looking like a rain free day. off to Walmart and then polite pig for supper later.

5 Likes