Trip Report...March 7-13, 2020...first time, crazy time, sad time, all at the same time!

3-13 Travel Day…but first, BREAKFAST!
I have no numbers or anything else, but there seemed to be a lot of people leaving our resort on Friday morning. I was kind of surprised at all the activity. Word had obviously gotten out about the coming closure, so I do not know if they pushed more people to go ahead and leave or what.
Before leaving Disney, I wanted one more bit of magic and wanted to have breakfast somewhere. Leading up to our trip, we had a reservation for breakfast at Ohana’s which I heard mixed things about. On Thursday, a reservation opened up for Topolinos which had some really good reviews. We decided to roll the dice and head to Topolinos for their Character breakfast and we are so glad we did! Others have written much better reviews, but our experience here was incredible! The service was outstanding…like mind blowing in spite of all the craziness, we felt like we were special. The food, man the food…just be hungry and be ready for some great choices. It is not a buffet, but you can choose whatever you want. Word of warning, you will want to fill up on the pastries and breads before hand…hold yourself back! Really try hard…I didn’t because they were so good too! Finally, the characters…the characters were so good and came by our table so many times…it was refreshing to see how some of the other Character meals should be! J and our family spent a lot of time with each character and we all loved it! They did such a great job.

Finally, to round it all out, the view really is gorgeous. Sara, my youngest daughter asked if locals could come and eat at Topolinos…I asked why and she said because if she lived close, she would eat here again and again…it really was that good.

12 Likes

We had such a great trip…I did most of the planning and I think it worked out well for us. Fortunately, crowds did not seem ridiculous as had been in previous weeks. We also appreciated the attempt by Disney to keep the property clean. It seem each day there were more and more workers helping to clean and sanitize. We all did our best to thank them.
This past week has been hard on so many and it has been crazy to go from Disney to a new reality. There is also a little guilt because we know we were able to get our trip in when so many will not be able to go.
We have been very careful as a family to stay away from people these past two weeks as we know we probably had a greater chance than most people to be exposed when you are around 1000s of people. Finally, our prayer is for safety for all those on our front lines battling this virus, for those that have been exposed and are fighting for their lives and for so many families and businesses that are struggling and will be struggling over the days and weeks ahead. May you find peace, joy and healing in the midst of this storm and season of uncertainty.

23 Likes

Glad you had such a great time at Topolinos!

2 Likes

Lovely trip report and so glad you were able to enjoy it before all the craziness really set in. Stay healthy and thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

What a great trip report! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for the TR… Always love reading them, but given the situation, this one was even more enjoyable.

2 Likes

What a lovely family - and so happy for you being able to enjoy the entire trip before they shut down. It is obvious from every picture that J is a very loved little boy!

4 Likes

What a great trip report and a lovely prayer!! Thank you for both!!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing these pictures! What a wonderful trip!

1 Like

thanks for sharing your trip! it was a treat to read about it and see the photos. happy you made it before everything shut down. and, thanks for the topolinos review. the more i see and read about it, the more i want to do it!

2 Likes

Thanks for serving as Foster Parents. We need more people like you!

4 Likes

The two places we would go back to eat are Topolinos and Chef Mickey’s…I can not say enough great things about Topolinos!

1 Like

Thanks Mr Toad…we are so thankful to be able to love these kids and to see them flourish and grow! It is a blessing to us in such greater ways than we could ever even imagine!

I’m glad I had the opportunity to read about your trip. J is a love and your daughters look like such loving big sisters. In self-quarantine like everyone else and this was just such a great read, Thanks - stay healthy!

1 Like

God Bless You! I’m glad you all had such a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us.

1 Like

MargoBoo,
Thank you and we could not do this without our daughters…they are incredible and love to be a part of our foster journey as well!!!

1 Like