Trip Report: Long Split Stay, Young Family, Lessons Learned

our DH’s sound so similar! I had planned our whole arrival day to be down time at the pool just so he wouldn’t feel like we were rushing into the parks right away and we started off more calmly. our flight was supposed to get in at 11am giving us a whole day. Two days ago he tells me to change the flight so our DS9 doesn’t miss his morning foot ball game(what! seriously??) So now we will be arriving at 7pm and having a much longer travel day since we have to drive to Chicago to get this later flight since there are none out of Milwaukee! I am now rearranging a lot of the trip to find down time during the week. but I don’t want to not change the flight b/c then he will start the whole trip off on a bad foot. I am planning on canceling some ADR’s which I think will let us be more flexible.

I hear you! I feel like saying, “WE CAN REST AT HOME. BUT WE CAN’T RIDE IT’S A SMALL WORLD AT HOME.” But I don’t.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! My sons hated fireworks our last trip to WDW too. One night we stayed too late at Epcot and they started before we left. We were running to the monorail with the 2 of them in the stroller (at 3YO and 6YO) screaming, crying and holding their hands over their ears. We are planning to go again next year and they swear they are older and love fireworks now, but I’m skeptical.

1 Like

Bwahahah, skeptical indeed. My little chickens are very upfront with their declarations that we are to never attend fireworks ever ever ever again, please. (Admission here: I love the way fireworks look, but I hate them too because the noise drives me crazy. So, perhaps those apples don’t fall far from the tree. Or are they nuts?)

2 Likes

Mine were actually good with them in June '17. I was shocked. We brought ear plugs for them and they didn’t even want to use them.

1 Like

I have a daughter who is on the mild end of the autism spectrum. We went last year. We weren’t quite so lucky as to the meltdowns, but part of that is we may have pushed a little too hard. The biggest meltdown I can remember came right after Soarin’. We went on it and she sat next to my wife.She seemed to enjoy it, and after it was over my wife told her to “Tell Daddy what you thought about that” and she ran over and gave me a high five and said it was really fun. My wife tried bragging on her and said she had told her to close her eyes if she got scared and she didn’t even have to do that. My daughter got really upset and said she did close her eyes a little and started balling. We asked her if a toy or ice cream would make it better and she said a toy. So we went and bought her a toy. Still crying. We didn’t want to miss our FP for Frozen Ever After, so we went on that and she was still crying. My mom had our password so she could check out our photpass pictures and asked me if Frozen was scary. I told her it wasn’t ans she asked why my daughter was crying. I told her and she understood. She then asked about the boy (probably about aged 10-12) 2 rows in front of us. He was grasping onto the side bar during the photo. I told her I had no idea, but that it was a drop during the picture.

Hopefully when we go back in 3.5 years (yes, I’m already planning it) we will be able to try a few more things and will have no meltdowns.

3 Likes