Trip report J180

22 Likes

No idea what this means, but happy you are on your way! Have a wonderful trip!

4 Likes

GPS. They called it a satnav when we picked up our hire car in Orlando, I didn’t realise you wouldn’t call it the same!

Oh and now I’m realising you probably meant lay-by :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I will wave in your general direction, I’m only 20 mins from the airport.

3 Likes

I have no idea what either of those words mean😂

2 Likes

We call it a GPS, but had heard satnav here before. But lay-by? And playing up? Is that like acting up?

1 Like

All the best. Since you’ll be close to the airport, are you going to stop in and check in now or wait until just before your flight?

Lay-by is a place on the road you can pull off out of the traffic, yes playing up is acting up.

7 Likes

Likewise :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Thank you for your translation services.

11 Likes

Any time!

2 Likes

While my town’s train station isn’t great, one of the places you can get to without a change is Manchester Airport. I find it so much less stressful than driving. Enjoy and keep us updated!!

Have safely arrived at airport hotel.

Journey slightly annoying — spent much of the time driving into the sun.

Got a sweet parking spot right by the entrance.

Check-in slightly annoying — very drunk man in front of me telling the receptionist his life story without pausing for breath.

In room now. Nice view of airport. Am thirsty. May head for the bar.

19 Likes

I used to work in the building above the train station, we were on the top floor. I miss the view!

2 Likes

Am now in the bar.

18 Likes

And now back in the room. Bar noisy and annoying. I’d forgotten how intolerant of noisy spaces I am. Uh oh. Am I on the wrong holiday? Should I review all my ADRs?

Calvin is apparently fine:

26 Likes

But will you be doing your airport check in now or waiting? Can you do it now at the airport, like you would on line?

1 Like

I doubt the desks will be open at this time. You can’t usually check-in in person more than about four hours early.

It’s fine (this is the strawberry daiquiri talking). I’ll do it tomorrow. I might go to bed soon. I feel quite tired, there’s nothing on tv and I have an early (by my standards) start tomorrow.

10 Likes

I watched a youtube video about Virgin Upper Class… will they send a car to pick you up? Looks super fancy and fun!

(I’ll just go back to cattle class where I fly when going to Europe)

1 Like

What about the movies and TV shows you downloaded onto your devices?

1 Like