Trip Report: Grownups In Disney World

(Oops - I hit reply too soon!)

After spending some time in Launch Bay we decided we needed warm hugs. We headed over to meet Olaf :slight_smile: And after that met Minnie Mouse and Sorcerer Mickey. When I was a kid the Disney story book The Sorcerer’s Apprentice was my very favorite book, so this was a big moment for me:

After a quick pit stop and a visit to a snack cart to grab some waters, we decided to hop in line for GMR. It wasn’t on our plan but we were over an hour ahead of schedule and since DH had never ridden and it had been a zillion years since I had, we figured we should take advantage of the chance. We entered the Chinese Theater at 11:17 and were well on our way by 11:33. We LOVED it, and we were so happy to have ridden it.

So let’s review: in 3 hours time (remember we entered the park at 0838) we had breakfast, rode Tot, RnR, TSMM, met Chewy, met Kylo Ren, met Jawas, met Minnie, met Mickey, and rode GMR. We were quite happy with how productive we had been! The crowd level had been predicted at a 4, and TP reports it was actually a 3. It definitely seemed like it!

It was time for us to head over to EP. I very much wanted to take the boat over to IG, but the clouds had rolled in something fierce while we were in GMR, and as we made our way toward the exit it began to rain lightly. Then, the deluge came! We ducked under cover and donned the ponchos and made our way instead to the bus to EP. The bus approached as we reached the bus stop, and we boarded immediately, sharing the ride with one other family of 6. The timing of the rain couldn’t have been more perfect, as we were headed to lunch once we made our way to EP.

14 Likes

WOW!! What a morning!! Taking notes. Love that your plan started so well.
Looking forward to more of the story. Awesome photos

3 Likes

that chocolate dessert looks heavenly :slight_smile:

You guys accomplished so much that morning! Awesome!! Loving the report and the pictures! Thanks for taking the time to share with us!!!

2 Likes

Great report! Love the pictures.

We were on the same flight from MHT! And at HS together Saturday morning! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the great report!

1 Like

This is a fun trip report. Thanks for all the pics! I especially loved the look on your face in the Kylo Ren m&g. Glad I’m not the only one who found him creepy.

2 Likes

We were?! Show me your face!!!

PS That one flight attendant on the way down - she was grouchy and mean, yes?! When she yelled near the end of the flight “Anyone standing up needs to sit down right now!” I thought we were about to hit some serious turbulence!! Turns out she was just at her wits end LOL

Oh and did you see the guy causing a scene in the pre-boarding group?! Yelling at the elderly Asian lady in the wheelchair and at his companion “Linda” who didn’t want anything to do with him??? I was kind of surprised someone official didn’t speak to him about his behavior before boarding!

3 Likes

He was so creepy!!

2 Likes

We were in 7103 last trip. The trip to the bus stop wasn’t too bad. We had a king bed but it had a handicapped shower. Pool view was available. It got loud late at night because of the tables where people gathered to eat.

What was up with that guy?! I was too far away to hear what he was saying but I could tell he was giving her a hard time. All I heard was “are you even from this country” and “bye lady”. I was surprised none of the attendants there said anything. If I had been the person behind him in line I would have said something.

And that flight attendant…Lol. I hope that was her last leg, I think she was tired!

3 Likes

He evidently felt that they cut him in line. :rolling_eyes: All I know is he totally and completely reminded me of my stepfather… and my mother’s name is Linda! :laughing: So we named him Bill :wink:

2 Likes

We arrived at Epcot and it was still pouring. It was a pain to go through the bag check with the ponchos and such, but at least the line wasn’t long and we were through and on our way in pretty short order.

We had planned to get me some fish and chips from UK on arrival through IG and to get something for DH along the way, but the weather being what it was we decided to get inside instead. We headed to Sunshine Seasons along with 3 million of our closest strangers :laughing: Totally expected it to be jammed in there as it was not only lunch time but pouring, and it was! DH got the roast pork and I got fish tacos. That was the easy part. Getting a table was another thing altogether. Still, we got lucky - we observed some poor souls wandering around the entire time we were eating, whereas we grabbed a table after making just two loops of the seating area.

Our food was really, really good. The pork was tender and flavorful, topped with BBQ sauce. And the fish tacos were just the right amount of spicy. I don’t remember what DH had for sides, but I had coleslaw. He had a nice slice of cheesecake for dessert and I had an apple-berry crisp. Everything was great. We didn’t linger, though - we felt it only right to move along and let the wanderers get a chance to sit and eat.

To our pleasure, we found that the rain had ended when we exited the pavillion! The sun slowly emerged and the rest of the day was dry and sunny :slight_smile:

Our first stop was Spaceship Earth. We paid our respects to the Phoenecians, but the video of our future didn’t work. It never does work for me. I usually turn into a black man. This time DH was a black man and I became a cute brunette cartoon with a super-short hairdo. Reminds me of Julie Martin from Dis Unplugged:

We made our way over to meet Baymax next. I was ready to bail on that if the line was too long. I recall hearing about 45 minute waits?? But there was just one family in front of us and we waited less than 5 minutes. He is super squishy:

We went to Club Cool next. I know it’s not popular, but I LOVE Beverly! DH liked the Inca one best.

We went to see the Pixar short films to kill the time before our Soarin FPP opened up. I just love Pixar and the films we saw were just adorable: Get a Horse, For the Birds, and La Luna. Later in the week I saw a crescent moon and told DH I know how it gets that way :heart:

Soarin was next, using FPP. I know a lot of people say it’s worth it to request B1, but I am just not that forward or fussy and take what we get. We were in A1 and landed in the middle seats. Now, I wasn’t a huge fan of the old Soarin (ducking tomatoes, I know) but this film is just fantastic. Breathtaking and beautiful! And the scents were incredible!! I didn’t note any distortion, but I suppose I wasn’t looking for ways to criticize and just enjoyed the moment. While I had no desire to ride the old Soarin again, I look forward to doing this one again!

Test Track was down all day, so we never got to ride it. Oh well.

While we were in line for Soarin I snagged us a FPP for Illuminations. We had nothing else we wanted to do that used FPP anyway, and I figured it would save us some time hanging out forever ahead of the show. More on that in a bit. But for those curious about chances for grabbing FPP for Illuminations, the crowd level turned out to be a 6 that day and I was able to get one for 2 of us at 2:45pm.

FW touring completed it was time to move on to the next, more adulting, part of our day at EP: eating and drinking around the world!

I had read about a beer I should get in Canada, but they weren’t serving it that day. We wandered the pavillion a bit but skipped the film in favor of moving on to Rose & Crown Pub. Lordy is it ever packed in there! People having all kinds of shenanigan-type fun. Great atmosphere! DH grabbed a hard cider and I had, of course, a Guinness. We took our beverages over to the courtyard in the UK to sit and enjoy. We ran into Mary Poppins :slight_smile:

We also witnessed the travesty of a woman drinking a Mich Ultra and a man having a Bud. Say wha?? :question: Sooooooooooo many better options at every turn. We also got to laugh as they dealt with their kiddo wetting his pants. Traveling as non-parents is a lot of fun!!!

17 Likes

This is a great read! Funny about the American beer in WS. :slight_smile:

I love Beverly, but actually this time the Inca was my favourite too!

It makes me laugh when people say hard cider - I assume it means alcoholic. All cider in the UK is alcoholic. I’m not even sure what it would be if it wasn’t - apple juice?

2 Likes

Yes, alcoholic.

I assume it would be regular cider if it weren’t LOL

1 Like

[quote=“OBNurseNH, post:19, topic:27465”]
And so we became aware of just how thin the walls are at Pop[/quote]
I had this experience at Coronado the first time I stayed there. It was almost as though you were part of the conversation in the room next door (which, is something I’ve been known to do from time to time if the neighbors are loud).

[quote=“OBNurseNH, post:19, topic:27465”]
We left the room at 8:01 - DAMN WE’RE LATE! :wink: Arrived at bus stop at 8:08 (remember - looooooooooong walk!!) boarded a bus at 8:10, and were at HS, through bag check and waiting for RD at 0833. Not bad at all! They began letting people through the tapstiles at 0838,[/quote]
These are very precise times. Do you carry a notebook? If so, I’m glad others appreciate the joys of note taking.

3 Likes

I don’t. But I did recall that I wanted to leave at 0800 and in my odd sense of humor pretended to throw a fit that we were late when we left the room at 0801. I was very interested in how far we actually were from the bus stop since it felt like about 6 miles so I noted when we arrived, and a took a photo of that damn hurricane ruining our vacation and as you well know, photos have time stamps :wink: :

I also took one when we got on the bus, and then again when we arrived for RD and got to Mecca. I mean Starbucks.:

Time stamps serve as note taking :wink:

10 Likes

Regular cider is alcoholic! Maybe next time I’m in the USA I should try some soft cider!

1 Like