Trip report: Disney with two little kids and a reluctant husband

There is a winking emoji at the end that indicates it was a joke.

5 Likes

Oh. My. Goodness. What a nightmare. I’d be melting down right alongside your 5yo.

1 Like

Stick around and you’ll see that we joke with each other a LOT. She was definitely joking. I know her well.

6 Likes

I apologise if you didn’t notice the winking emoji, I thought it was fairly obviously a joke. I obviously don’t think you’re a monster.

I was just joking about the fact that we were all saying how stressed out we were getting just reading how it all went wrong, and then you said how much you enjoyed it.

We joke around with each other a lot on these boards but no offence is ever intended! Again, I’m sorry you thought I was serious.

5 Likes

I am so sorry that this was your experience. Without a doubt you faced more unusually bad challenges than I have ever read in any trip report. That you still had wonderfully magical moments is a testament to your perseverance and determination to seize the opportunities and put on a positive perspective every chance you got. If Disney had a contest to provide a family with a do over vacation on them I would nominate you and you should win.

3 Likes

You must of missed the winking emoji! I have a hard time sometimes seeing the difference in some emojis.

2 Likes

We were there same time as OP, and we had some anytime FP incorrectly taken also. To prevent I tried to ask CM before scanning, but they wouldn’t even try to help. On chat someone said a helpful CM would have had the ability to make sure correct FP taken BEFORE you scan in.

Although it sounds like OP was told there was so much FP trouble that week that maybe the CM couldn’t have helped, which is why they didn’t bother? I don’t know, does anyone else?

@DumboRunner

2 Likes

Thank you for apologizing. I appreciate that! I saw an emoji but did not see it winking, my vision is not the best. But, we all have things we need to overcome in life. I think these emojis should come with disclaimers because at my age I have no idea what half them mean anyway lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mainly understand smiling or crying myself!

tagging @bswan26

and @Dreamer We’re having a party :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if they were just overwhelmed. It must have been a pretty awful week for them as well as for guests.

1 Like

I love reading trip reports, but I am just stressed out and tired after reading about all the issues you encountered. Your composure throughout this was impressive.

1 Like

Thanks for the invite!

1 Like

Wow, this sounds hard. I definitely got in a fight with my wife last year when she wanted to go back to the room for kiddo bedtime and I thought we were going to try to ride SDD at Hollywood Studios. Like, a yelling at each other embarrassing fight. That’s WAY more embarrassing than kid meltdowns. My kids behaved remarkably well at WDW and then reverted to their regular melt-down selves as soon as we returned to normal life. ::shrug:: At least when we travel I can tell myself I’ll never see these people again!
Anyway, I’m so sorry you had so many hard things happen. It sounds as if you rolled with the punches fairly well. Which waterpark did you like better, BB or TL? We have a ticket that lets us go to one and I’m thinking BB, but my family just asked if we could skip a regular park and add another waterpark. Uh, what?!

3 Likes

This was hard to read because I’ve been there - not with the logistical issues you dealt with but with meltdowns. We went in March and endured many of them. They are just awful - stressful, embarrassing. The world just stops. We won’t go back for a few years when our youngest is 5.5 or 6.5. I know there will still be moods but not like what we endured this trip when she was 3.

I hope you get to go again when the girls are a bit older. You deserve a re-do!

If you don’t mind me asking, what/where is the “bypass holding area” at HS (for rope drop)? And is it something that you would recommend using?

I am SO sorry for all the mishaps you encountered on this trip. Not every trip will be like that one!

I’m with you in the “horrible parents” club. Our almost-2 yr old daughter once screamed the entire bus ride from AKL to Epcot. I was just thinking back on that moment recently thinking what the other people must have been thinking of us.

This blog has a map if you scroll further down. They call it the “secondary holding area.” They talk about the pros and the cons. It worked out for us, but I’m not sure that’s always the case. It probably depends on the crowd level, the time you arrive, and the phase of the moon.

1 Like