Trip report D182

totally get it. I go into the Disney store near my home just to smell the smell.

3 Likes

I believe the flags are half staff in honor of former President George HW Bush who recently passed away.

7 Likes

This is seriously the best photo EVER! oh my gosh, I can just feel your happy and content all the way from New York. Have a wonderful time!

10 Likes

Flags are flying at half-staff in honor of former President Bush (through Dec 30).

3 Likes

As others have mentioned, the flag is at half-staff due to the death of former President GHW Bush.

To amplify, US Flag Code mandates that the flag be flown at half-staff for 30 days upon the death of a former President.

6 Likes

Just done Carousel of Progress — for the first time.

Is the last scene always set at Christmas?

Next up: PeopleMover.

14 Likes

Yes.

Woah! 25 min line at PeopleMover.

3 Likes

Well, the ride itself is 10 minutes, so in a ratio of wait time to ride time, it is a good value!

Of course, if you end up not liking the ride, it is a waste of 35 minutes!

2 Likes

But you didn’t change it to “normal” hours. I don’t know what 22:00 is! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m so happy you’re doing this!!!

1 Like

Wow. The weather forecast has changed. A lot.

(You’re going to have to deal with Celsius.)

I did not bring a poncho. This morning’s forecast gave me no reason to.

1 Like

I didn’t realize it was for 30 days. Thanks!

1 Like

It will be iffy for a while. The radar is definitely showing a big rain cell coming across. Hard to say if Orlando will just be clipped, or get something more significant. I’d plan for rain for today and most likely tomorrow.

On PeopleMover now. 10 min wait max.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to ride it. I never have before.

1 Like

Long lines at IASW. I have an FPP. In line now.

3 Likes

I love how you’re wearing a Christmas (red) hoodie.

1 Like

The “big” trees are permanently decorated and come apart in horizontal “slices”. They move the top into place, then hoist it up high enough to slide the next section under it. Once that section is attached to the top they hoist again and slide the next section in, etc.

2 Likes

Just bagged 5th FPP for Splash. Though to be honest I need to eat and take some medication.

Pooh kept stopping.

4 Likes