Trip Report--Ask Anything--Here are topics

Not all disabilities are ones others can see but just remember, none of that truly matters as long as you are taking care of YOU! I have a disability that no one can see or understand and I get DAS just in case I need it. But to an outside viewer, there would be no way for them to know why I need DAS. I get looks but I’m sure I get looks for other reasons too! :rofl:
I just smile when that happens and continue to enjoy my day.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. And thanks @kda for letting us ask these questions on your thread, what a great way to do a trip report!

@kda, one more question please, did you utilize same day FP drops and were they at the regular times that have been posted on TP recently?

2 Likes

No problem! Glad to do it! We did not have FP for SDD or FOP. We got both on FP Drop listed on App Version recently. All three TS rides came up in the drop. We were ready to go with all peoplr, day and park selected before the appointed time. Then I just kept switching times until they popped up.

1 Like

Must note on FP drop times, it allowed us to switch two of our park days and go into a park at 10 am with no headliner fps, then get them onsite on Spring Break. Whoa. Not sure if it works out that well for every one, but it did for us. A few things went wrong on Disney’s end so we ended up with some multiple experience fps as well. That has never happened to us.

We will be using a double stroller when we go in Sept. Any general do’s or dont’s that you can share would be appreciated! Thanks

We rented from Kingdom Strollers for the second time. Perfect customer sevice each time. We were so glad we got the Bob Revolution Doulie over the City Mini Double. It seemed bigger and roomier to us. It does not fold down compact in the bus and is not light to lift folded, so if that bothers you a lot, then you need to find another one. Still pretty big folded. It fit through every door except not in a Epcot in a couple pavillions. It is soooo light to push which I was worried about doing for days with DH in an ECV for part of trip. The space, manuevering, fitting through doorways was awesome! One thing to watch out for which may be a longer stroller discussion is the number of places you cannot take a stroller inside. I think Disney should work on this imho. Other than that, great experience.

Thank you for the detailed feedback! We actually own that exact stroller, so we are accustomed to the size, folding, etc. we thought we would just bring ours, but you have me thinking that maybe it’s worth renting one instead of risking checking ours in the flight? Wouldn’t need it until we get there.
Was it in good shape, clean, etc.? Any thoughts on renting vs bringin your own?

1 Like

I have a nice stroller at home and ultimately decided not to fly with it. We did bring a car seat and car seat stroller base that folds easily for airport and in case we took uber or lyft–neither of which provides infant car seats. Minnie Vans get too pricey used more than once or twice for us. Both times the strollers have been in excellent condition and really clean. We use Amazon Now to deliver cleaning products for rented baby gear anyway, but nothing visible to the eye. I read a review on the Doulie at Disney as not getting through various doors, but we had no problem. It takes up a lot of room in the resort rooms so be prepared for that depending on where you are staying.

Two questions, tell me about “FP Drop listed on App Version”…are you referring to the Lines App? I’m not new to Disney planning but I am new to Touring Plans and the Lines app :slight_smile: Is there a place on the Lines app where FP drops are posted?

Also, I’m looking to book a pre-park opening BOG reservation. Wondering how quickly you were able to get in and out of BOG to be able to get in line. We would like to be able to get in line for 7DMT right away.

We never use Magical Express on returns to the airport because you can only check your luggage at the hotel on certain airlines, and we do not like leaving 3.5 hours before our flight especially a morning flight. So we needed a carseat for the ride to the airport for sure. Lyft can provide older kid carseats but not infant.

Very helpful and great suggestions. Thank you!

1 Like

BOG was quick, or you can take your time. Logistics–You check in at Liberty Square side of the castle and scan your band to check in. At 7DMT, I was waiting outside with the baby for my Rider Swap turn and saw RD crowd made it to the line at 9:04 am. So you need to plan to ride prior to 9:03 or 9:02 or so. Breakfast people were in line when we got to the line at around 8:40 and were cleared out prior to regular stand by forming. We rode before our reservation and ate directly afterwards. I do not know if you are allowed to do that normally, but one of our girls lost her Magic Bands so DH and middle were at GS while three of us went back to Be Our Guest, but they could not seat us without our whole party and GS moved our reservation a little. So we ended up riding 7DMT first which was not the plan. We saved the RS 2nd group until after breakfast. We had a fp for later day so the older kids rode Mine Train 4 times that day due to RS! At BOG, mobile order. You should be seated right away and NOT go through another line to order. They tried to send us there, but do not let them. Our food came in less than 10 minutes after we arrived. So just gauge how long it takes your crew to eat and walk to a ride. The line for 7DMT for Breakfast Reservation crews was directly outside of BOG not in the regular spot in front of the ride. So the walk was short. I saw BBB girls around as well which never occurred to me to do a before park opening reservation there.

FPP Drop–Lines App. It was listed in various chats and I asked myself week of to be sure to get latest info. I have no problem saying with confidence that Touring Plans enhanced our trip immencely. AND I did not actually even use a TP. I could never get that part to save for me, but we used every other part of the site and App. Very impressed. We were very, very happy with it, and it made a difference in how much we were able to take the kids to do. We went from having a kid in tears to TP helping us fix it and adjust plans to fit the activity back in the next 2 days.

1 Like

Food came in less than 10 minutes after we sat down not arrived at check in.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the helpful and detailed information, very much appreciated!

1 Like

Great! Thanks! Hope it all helps someone’s trip! Have a great vaca everyone! If you all have any other questions, just ask.

Sorry to pester, can you tell me more about FPP Drop - Lines App. Can you direct me to a discussion board where I can read more about it? I’m just familiar with using MDE to look for FPP and have made note of the drop times. Trying to learn as much as I can before going in early May. TIA

1 Like

There seems to be frequent threads on the Lines App about FPP Drop times, but do not know how to link it here. I am sorry. I kind of explained the process above. You will be making the FPP reservations in MDE but just at these particular times. I would check back with Lines App closer to or week of your trip on the times in case there are any updates/changes. Just guessing here…