Trip Report - April 14-21!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

What a huge heart your girl has! She must be super sweet! Look out those emotions only continue to grow. I have 3 girls that are now 27, 25, 23. Emotions out the wazoo!

1 Like

We rope dropped Merida that same day so we’re probably in the same line. :slight_smile:

Enjoying your reports!

1 Like

Friday, April 20 - Magic Kingdom #3

This was an am EMH day and I had my doubts that we’d make it, but we were standing by the rope to Tomorrowland at 7:57. DD7 and I walked right onto SM at opening. We thought about doing it a second time, but decided to do Buzz instead. DH and DD4 were getting a snack/coffee so just DD7 and I rode. DD and I both thought Buzz was super fun!

After Tomorrowland, the plan was to do Under the Sea for DD4, but it was down. So DH and DD7 lined up to head to Frontierland to RD Splash and DD4 and I took on IASW again. :joy:

Splash was down at 9 so DD7 and DH ended up doing BTMRR and then we all met up at 7DMT for our FP.

DD7 got two rides - one with each of DH and I as DD4 didn’t want to ride. We headed to Gaston’s Tavern after 7DMT for a cinnamon roll. So yummy!

When we were finished, Under the Sea was back up so we did that. DD4 just loved this ride so much! :heart_eyes: I then had FP for PPF but everyone decided that they didn’t feel like riding so I modified it for a Splash FP for later in the day.

DH really wanted to ride the train so we hopped on in Fantasyland and did a round trip. It was actually a lovely break! When we got off we did a little shopping in Big Top Souvenirs and then it was time for our ETWB FP.

Last year, DD4 refused to get out of my arms but this year she had a part - she was Chip and DD7 was Mrs. Potts. Too cute for words! After ETWB, it was about 12:30 so we headed back to WL as we planned to come back to MK for dinner.

We had a great afternoon by the pool! I ordered food from Geyser Point for lunch along with a Northwest Ice Tea and we ate poolside. So good!

We took the boat back to Magic Kingdom and actually had to wait for about a half hour for a boat. I’d left us lots of time though, so we were fine.

Dinner was at BOG. DH and I ordered the steak and DDs both had the soup and grilled cheese. DH also had the french onion soup as an appetizer and we shared the grey stuff and a cream puff for dessert. I thought the food and service was wonderful! I’d definitely go back for dinner again, though I guess next time there will be the prix fixe menu?

My only regret is that we didn’t do this meal earlier in the trip because by this point, both the kids were pretty wiped so weren’t in the greatest spirits. They both perked up when they got to meet the beast, though!

After dinner, DD7 and DH headed off for DD7’s last ride on Splash and DD4 and I did our last ride on IASW (thankfully! Haha!). DD4 and I met DD7 and DH under the train station and we made our way out of MK. This was our first evening ever in MK, so it was neat to see all the lights etc. So pretty!

DD4 fell asleep in my arms on the boat ride back to WL, but DD7 stayed up with DH and I and watched the fireworks. It really is magical to be able to see them from your balcony! :heart:

Saturday - April 21

On our last day we just hung around the pool - eating both breakfast and lunch poolside. We were lucky that we were given a late checkout when I asked, so we were able to take our time getting packed up etc.

By about 2:15, we were on DME on our way to the airport. :cry:

9 Likes

Sounds like a great trip.

Sorry to hear you had to miss FOP. I could see something like that happening with my DD.

1 Like

Great trip report thanks for sharing

1 Like

Great trip report!! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

1 Like

Final thoughts!

Just thought I’d list some of the things I’ve learned on this trip:

• We loved WL! At the start of the week, we were comparing WL to our last trip to AKL and bemoaning the fact that we missed the animals and Boma. By the end of the trip, DH and I both decided that the boat to MK, seeing the MK fireworks from the resort, and Geyser Point nudged WL up to at least equal, if not ahead of AKL, in our opinion. Such a great spot!

• Our family can still fill three days at MK. We mostly tour from RD to mid/late afternoon and we definitely needed all three days to do what we wanted to do at MK.

• I have a new love for Epcot and it’s all because of Soarin. We all loved Soarin so much! It’s by far my favourite ride at WDW (though I haven’t tried FOP). We may do two days there next trip so I can ride it more than once!

• Right now, the only TS meals that work for my crowd are character meals as a break in the park. By dinner time my four year old is getting tired, so a relaxed quick service meal at the resort works best for us right now. The only thing about the character meals is that my four year old eats like a bird. She’ll eat like half a roll and a carrot, so we’re definitely paying for the character experience. Haha!

• We spent a ton on snacks this trip - way more than I’d budgeted for. It made me think that because of our love of character meals and snacks, I may need to run the numbers again on the dining plan options to see where we’d end up?

That’s all I can think of right now. We had such an amazing trip! I can’t wait for a reasonable amount of time to pass so I can start talking to DH about a 2019 trip! :see_no_evil: Thanks for reading along!

11 Likes

I just figured out how to add photos so I’ve added a few to my trip report! :):slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Enjoyed reading! It sounded like a great trip. I love IASW but my love might have been tested by that many repeats.

1 Like

We stayed at WL in December for the first time and it was so lovely! And my family all loves Soarin’ too! Sounds like a fun trip!

1 Like