Trip Report and Thanks

P.S. I love the mom-grab of your DD’s leg–I do the same thing on big rides!!

1 Like

@Laura_hastings

I only stopped grabbing them because I knew I had too many for AK and I ended up getting a ROL FP. Once I had that I couldn’t grab more without losing it and the anytime didn’t work for ROL.

We had already used all our allotted FPP’s by then. The CM that transferred our anytime’s to the next day warned me to try and use our 3 allotted all up before starting on my anytime ones because the system can get confused. So clearly that was something they are familiar with.

Honestly, I’ve heard Disney has the ability to turn FP off for rides when they go down. Kali was down for a good 4-5 hours. EE was down too but Kali was way easier to snag.

1 Like

@staceyrose55 I didn’t even realize I had done that!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your trip report. I’ve enjoyed reading along. What an amazing trip! I hope to try the ride closure and anytime FP on our next trip…if I can remember.

1 Like

Yes, I’m impressed at koi1217’s ability to remember all the liner knowledge in the heat of the moment!

2 Likes

Great report! What a wonderful trip!

You need to be careful if one of your first 3 converts to an anytime and you want to get another tier 1 as a 4th - you haven’t used your first 3 so you still need to book and use a tier 2 (assuming that’s what converted).

2 Likes

Right?? I’m pretty sure if it starts pouring down rain I’ll be frantically driving my stroller to cover wondering what to do, not remembering to grab all the FP’s! I hope to have @koi1217’s strength and knowledge.

4 Likes

You’re a liner, you’ll be fine!

4 Likes

I am SO impressed by all of this info! :star_struck: We’re going for the first time in October and my husband isn’t really a theme park person, so I am legit taking notes on your trip report. :joy:

1 Like

Exactly! I’d be scrambling around in my backpack trying to fish out the ponchos I will have inevitably forgotten in the hotel room!

3 Likes

Yes, I’m impressed at koi1217’s ability to remember all the liner knowledge in the heat of the moment!

Ha. No. This was all from the comfort of my hotel room and lunch at Sanaa! We were out of AK and at AKL from around 11:30-4 and I did them all then.

Because we had actually used all our FP’s (our 3rd got converted naturally and it was tier 2) we didn’t have to worry about this. I think you can have issues with cancelling FP’s too. So you either have to use them or let them expire.

I had some other opportunities to play with this system but was concerned about messing something up. This was just the perfect opportunity to not worry about it…

OMG I wonder if that’s why I never saw the same day FOP! @missoverexcited I think you just schooled me.

1 Like

I left the park with my 3rd FP having converted but not used (Kali - tier 2). We were trying to avoid the rain. So there you go. My brain did not actually hold all the information possible with a WDW trip.

I think you did well enough without that tiny detail!

1 Like

Brilliant idea to work the shut down ride for anytime FPs when you are past your first 3!

1 Like

I have had the same thought. That’s the problem with doing it well. They don’t realize how good they’ve got it.

2 Likes

My daughters have come to expect that we will rarely wait more than 15 minutes for any ride because of all my planning, but luckily they do realize how good they’ve got it. They both have friends who have gone to WDW and spent ages in lines or just missed rides altogether. They tell them all that what they need is their mom (me) to plan it for them. It’s amazing how appreciated I feel!! :grin:

5 Likes

thanks for sharing your trip! loved the tip to try to grab fastpasses for rides that are down.

2 Likes

Had to share this. My DD6 did this at school. Notice the ride, the yeti, and the FP scanners. I think WDW left an impression!

13 Likes