Trip report A175

0B9C7EB4-9604-40B4-96BF-12F35DE443CD

19 Likes

Loving your reviews! Thanks for all the HP pics too, I’m even more excited.

1 Like

Sorry your junk got squashed :joy::joy::joy:

And just to be awkward, I think Spider-Man is better than Kong. It didn’t thrill me.

No like for you!

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Great report - and OUCH. Seeing stars just thinking about your description of that ride restraint.

1 Like

Love the head to head review! Of course THATs the way to do a good comparison. Sounds like fun too.

1 Like

I haven’t been to Universal in 15 years, so I rarely comment on Universal-themed threads, but I’ll add here that when I rode Spiderman, it completely blew me away; it was hands-down better than anything WDW had to offer. The integration of set pieces, 3D films and motion are the best I’ve experienced anywhere. I haven’t had a chance to get to Pandora yet, so I can’t do a comparison there, but from all I’ve seen and heard, I’m expecting it to come out on top. As for Universal, Harry Potter, Kong, Transformers, Simpsons, Minions, Jimmy Fallon, Rip Rocket, and even The Mummy have all been added since my last visit, so it will be like a whole new park for me when I get back…

1 Like

You’ve reminded me, I forgot to put The Mummy on my list of best rides @profmatt!

Very enjoyable to read - insightful comments (I shall warn my husband!) and cool photos. Thanks!

1 Like

I wasn’t a big fan of Spider-Man. I felt like all the simulator rides at Universal were formulaic. They jerk you around, blow wind at you and have the obligatory heat blast and water spray.

I know what you mean. The locker areas have very poor flow and the system is not at all intuitive.

1 Like

I agree it was crazy in the locker area, but lucky for us, my husband isn’t a ride guy (don’t judge) so we get to carry our stuff and take tons of pics, then hand it all off to him and he proudly takes the chicken exit while we enjoy the ride. Works for us and he gets to enjoy the cool theming without getting sick!

2 Likes