Trip report A174

$50 = Ouch.

DD10 and I started making wands last year out of interesting branches we pruned in our yard. Think we might have to smuggle them in when we do go.

Wait, would that be a Muggle smuggle?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMz8wsHldFp/?taken-by=johnjtierney

12 Likes

Those are awesome!

I just checked out a video of what they do. ahahah thatā€™s great! Completely useless once you leave, but still great. Aside from those little interactive spots, does it have any magicband-like abilities?

We have similar tastes in rides, these definitely are better than Spider-man to me.

1 Like

Enjoying your updates!

1 Like

No just spell casting abilities.

I too am sorry to hear about CG. Itā€™s amazing how much table location and server affect an experience. I agree, Iā€™d prefer if the dress code were enforced a bit. Come on, put on a shirt with a collar, guys! LOL.
Oddly, we had a bug on our appetizer at Flying Fish, which has had rave reviews since it reopened. Unfortunately for us, we also had an unsavory server and the venue was meh. But, no screaming kids. They swapped out the app, but really got no apology.

Keep it coming!!!

1 Like

Those are so cool!

I actually agree that spiderman is an awesome ride

And have it right at the top of the list

I think Kong is right up there with it though and itā€™s hard to discount the two main Harry Potter rides

I think all 4 of those are better than the disney rides (not counting FOP)

FOP beats them all now though. Iā€™ve no doubt about that

awww cā€™mon, Universal! Missed opportunities here.

(still want one now :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Your reports are greatā€¦love following alongā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the objective discussion. We spent 2 days at Universal last October and are planning to go back in December for a couple of days (taking an additional child). I was pretty underwhelmed by USO last fall, but it was at the end of 5 days at Disney, so I may have just been out of steam.

My 8 year old granddaughter was excited about the wand, but the novelty wore off pretty fast and then we just had to carry it around.

My issue was the cost. The Disney parks are expensive, but not nearly as costly as Universal when you consider the difference in the meal plans (we had the counter service option at Disney) and the cost of food.

All in all it was a wonderful couple of days, but it just wasnā€™t as family friendly as the Disney parks for the most part.

My opinion only, of course.

edited to say: Oh, my opinion too on Spiderman. It was an awesome ride.

1 Like