Trip report A171

You’re off to a great start! You got to love when all your planning pays off(and even more when the “unexpected things” play well into your plan). Enjoy the rest of the trip!

(how the heck did you get a completely empty Main Street pic?)

1 Like

I needed to cancel a dessert party so after OUAT we slowly walked to guest services. I was technically too late to cancel the party but the CM really pulled out all the stops and gave me a gift card to the value of the party. This took a while, plus he was super-friendly and chatty. By the time we were done, Main Street was empty!

(You can see from the clock in the foreground on the left that it was 11.30pm!)

8 Likes

Even still, when I was in MK 2+ hours after close, there were still more than a few stragglers (and staff). I’m not sure if my experience was normal or not, but I would consider yourself very fortunate to get such a pic. Well done!!

2 Likes

WOW!!! Amazing!

1 Like

That picture is priceless!!!

1 Like

Yay!! So glad to hear this. Love it when the best case scenario works out!!

1 Like

Hurray! So happy to hear the Magic has taken over your trip!! And what a picture! We will be there in 9 days!!!

Cant wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes - I’m so jealous you got to Splash before it closed.

1 Like

Awesomesauce.

1 Like

Yes, good footwear is so important at WDW.

What a way to kick-off your stay! The empty park pic is a gem! Definitely a magical moment! Looking forward to reading more! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Whoa! I’ve NEVER seen it completely empty like this! Amazing!

1 Like

Fantastic picture of Main Street! I’m hoping to get one close to empty tomorrow night, but I’m betting it won’t be nearly as cool as yours!! Glad your trip started out fantastically!

1 Like

YAY @profmatt Finally there! How much does all the planning melt away to nothing once you get there?!

Don’t get me wrong, it’s the best thing to have and well worth planning, but when you are there the worry and the trepidation just disappears doesn’t it!

1 Like

Hi! Happy my memory maker partner is having fun and your trip is off to a good start!

2 Likes

Glad you had such a great 1st day.

1 Like

Sorry if you mentioned this already but what did you end up getting for footwear? My trip is coming up and I am beginning to shop for a good pair. I would love any recommendations from anyone.

I bought Adidas Ultra Boost – expensive but zero foot problems despite many hours walking and on my feet. Also, no overheating problems. However, they are not suitable for rain, so I also brought Crocs – very comfortable but not suitable for long periods: they rub, especially when wet.

Thank you for the info. I will look at some when I go shopping. Hope your having a wonderful time!! Please continue to share your adventure.

1 Like