Trip report + a week in paradise + a nightmare!

Thank you for your trip report. It looks like you had a lot of fun, and that you are a very fun family! What wonderful memories for you all. I love Kauai - we went there for our honeymoon about 20 years ago. We did some of the same things as you, and I’m sure a lot has changed.

So sorry about the flooding in your house. I hope everything is back to normal very soon.

2 Likes

Glad you liked it! I had things on our to-do list that I learned about pre-covid, and some were gone. Really makes you wonder how much has changed in a decade or 2 in a place like that. Can’t wait to return.

The house is almost totally gutted (except upstairs where we hide away like hermits) and there’s still all the damage/loss assessments to get started. I fear that’ll be a nightmare, but we’ll see. I have the mitigator/mediator ready, and so far everything the insurance adjuster has told me suggests they are not looking to give me a hard time. We’ve already discussed certain items that would probably raise concern, so hopefully it goes as smoothly as it’s being made to seem.

One thing is for sure, we’re already ready for another vacation. I’m planning summer stuff now, but that seems too far away when all this stress is here :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes