Trip Report - 6/24/2016 - 7/1/2016

The cake we preordered at the Grand Floridian for our daughter’s birthday. It looked amazing but tasted just okay :wink:

6 Likes

I love the photos!

1 Like

Your photos are great! Thanks for sharing. Your daughter is adorable!!

1 Like

OMG. Where can you meet talking Mickey… Really need to see him :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m really enjoying reading about your trip

1 Like

Talking Mickey is at the Town Square Theater. Believe it’s on the left early as you start down Main Street USA as you walk towards the Castle. Here’s the Touring Plans write-up:

2 Likes

At town hall right as you walk into Magic Kingdom :wink: You can also get a fast pass for him :slight_smile: He is amazing!!

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush:

Awww thank you so much!! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you!!! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so very much!! :relaxed:

Day 4…

Today was our Epcot day. We had planned to take the monorail to Epcot but the monorail was down. However, the cast members at the TTC told us that it could start in 15 minutes or an hour. So, we walked over to the bus depot to try to take a bus over but after 20 minutes no bus ever came and there were a lot of people waiting so who knows how many buses it would have taken for us to even get on one. We decided to walk back over to the monorail and wait it out. We waited for about 30 minutes until it finally started running. So our rope drop turned into about a 9:45 arrival. But we just rolled with it and rode Spaceship Earth on our way to meet Joy and Sadness. We waited for 45 minutes but it was totally worth it! Next we used a fastpass to meet the Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at the character spot. Then we walked over to the World Showcase and got a churro in Mexico and then headed to Norway for the new Frozen ride which we had a fastpass for. We got lucky that the entire ride was working and we only waited about 10 minutes for the ride. The ride was great! And we were all glad that we got to ride it. But next time, we will use the fastpass for Soarin. After the ride, we walked over to meet Anna and Elsa in their new home which was set up beautifully and the wait was about 15 minutes. Next, we continued around the world stopping to meet Mulan and got some egg rolls from China. We continued our walk until I realized that we were going to miss meeting Belle if we didn’t hurry so we walked very quickly to get to where Belle meets in France and we made it! Thank heavens. We waited for 20 minutes for this meet and greet but it is one of my daughter’s favorites so it can’t be missed :wink: Plus I had ordered these cards with each princess painted on them to have each one sign so we could put them in a frame for my daughter’s wall and Belle was one of the last two we needed. Once we finished with Belle, we back tracked to Japan so I could surprise my daughter with the pick a pearl experience. This was another one of our top favorite moments and I highly recommend it. After we picked a pearl, we walked over to the French bakery so I could get my most favorite thing in the world, a napoleon from the french bakery. And it was as amazing as I remembered ha ha. After our snack, we went to track down Mary Poppins. We found her and waited for 15 minutes to meet her. She was the last person we needed to meet for our cards so we were relieved that this process was complete :wink: Next, we wandered back over to eat at the Garden Grill. This was a great experience! The food was delicious and the characters are a ton of fun! After we ate, we went to ride the Living with the Land ride which was a first for us but definitely not the last! At this point, we realized that we weren’t going to be able to ride Soarin because the line stayed around 2-3 hours the entire day. So off we went to do Turtle Talk with Crush which is always fun and entertaining. Then we headed over to meet Baymax who had a 20 minute wait but was worth it so my daughter could give him a fist bump;) And then we were off to ride Test Track which surprisingly only had a 25 minute wait! Last, we rode Spaceship Earth one more time and headed back to our hotel.

To be continued…

5 Likes

Joy and Sadness were AMAZING!! I cannot state this enough! This is a must do if you or your children like this movie! I promise that they were worth the wait!! :relaxed:

8 Likes

Am loving reading your reports. That is one very happy-looking little girl!

1 Like

I’n definitely going to add the pick a pearl to our list of things to do while in Epcot!! thanks for mentioning it!

1 Like

Thank you and she sure was! :blush:

You will love it :wink:

Day 5…

Today was our day off from the parks. We started the morning having breakfast at Ohana’s with great characters and a pretty good breakfast. Then we hit the pool for a few hours which was a lot of fun, especially the awesome water slide. After we got cleaned up from our pool day, we took the bus to Disney Springs. The new and improved Disney Springs was awesome. It was so nice and looks great! We tried some appetizers and drinks at Jock’s Hangar and then strolled next door for dinner at The Boathouse. The Hangar was very nicely designed and was a lot of fun for my husband who is a big Indiana Jones fan. The Boathouse was just okay for us. Our server wasn’t the best and food was decent. We were a little underwhelmed in the end. We were planning on doing the amphicar after dinner but the skies opened up and poured rain for a good hour. So, we just moved on to some stores and did some shopping. We finished the evening by getting cupcakes at Sprinkles! This was at the very top of our daughter’s must do lists for this trip and she was not disappointed. This was a great way to end our fun day off. :grin:

To be continued…

4 Likes

Sprinkles Cupcake ATM!! :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I love a trip report, so glad I found this! Sounds like you all had an amazing trip and your pics are great!

1 Like