Trip Report 4/21 - 4/28

Day 6 – Thursday, April 26

This was our morning to sleep in and relax. We chilled in the room and then eventually made our way back down to SAB. We enjoyed the pool for a while until it was time to change for lunch. We changed in the shower room right near B&C and then headed in for our lunch reservation at B&C. This was an ADR that I added about 1-2 weeks after our original ADR date, and I’m so glad that I did! The food was better than I expected. I had the chicken salad sandwich. And I ordered a Frozen Sunshine, which was so good! It’s such a cute, fun place, and I’m sure that we’ll be back.

We went back to the room to shower and get ready to head back over to Epcot. We walked back over to Epcot around 2:00. We started off by going to the butterfly tent. DD5 could have stayed here for ages. I think we made 3-4 laps around the tent, and she still wasn’t ready to leave. But we moved on to Journey into Imagination. And then DD5 enjoyed the exhibits at the exit of the ride for a while.

Next, we headed over to use our first FP at the Character Spot. The characters are great here with interacting with guests. Then we walked up to SE for our next FP. After this, it was time to go explore World Showcase for the rest of the day. We started in Mexico and did Gran Fiesta Tour. We then skipped ahead to China so that we could meet Mulan.

After meeting Mulan, we walked back to Norway. We used our third FP at FEA. We all really like this ride a lot. Especially DD5 who’s enthusiasm for Frozen remains high. We then walked in to meet Elsa and Anna. There was literally no one else in line, I was shocked! This Elsa was much better than the Elsa on our last trip. She chatted with DD5 for a long time and was very friendly. Anna was also chatty as usual.

Next, we walked to the Africa Outpost to play the drums for a bit. Then, in Germany, we watched the trains and got some treats at Karamell Kuche. I had the milk chocolate caramel with sea salt. Wow, so good! It was now almost time for our 6:20 ADR at Via Napoli. We sat outside at Via Napoli, and I just loved the atmosphere of it. We shared a large pepperoni pizza and the family style house salad. It was all so good!

After dinner, we finished up the scavenger hunt. We had already stopped earlier in the day to claim the prize (they only had 1 option left). It was a huge hit with DD5 once again! I had gotten us an additional FP for Soarin’ after we tapped at FEA. So, we made the long trek back up to Soarin’ to do it one more time. DD5 and DM were BIG fans! And then we leisurely strolled out of Epcot and back to BCV.

Maybe we’ll actually stay for Illuminations one of these days. But we had an early morning on Friday. I was so happy that we got to spend two days doing Epcot and F&G on this trip. Yet, I could’ve spent more days there. There is still so much to explore in World Showcase and so much yummy food to eat! I love Epcot, it was such a fun day!!

9 Likes

Day 7 – Friday, April 27

We were up bright and early this morning for EMH at MK. This was our first time using EMH, and we definitely got a lot done! We took the bus to MK, tapped in and were held on the bridge toward Fantasyland. At RD, we started at WtP. Then, we walked over to meet Ariel and journey UtS. Next, we did Dumbo and the tea cups. It was still a bit before 9:00, so we walked up to ride the Carousel.

After we finished the Carousel, the welcome show had ended, so we headed back down to get in line to meet Merida. There were maybe a handful of groups in front of us to meet Merida. The line moves steadily though once she shows up at 9:15. We then walked back up to ride IASW. After that, we used our first FP for PPF. And it was now finally time to go to DD5’s 10:00 appointment at the BBB!

DD5 absolutely LOVED every second of the BBB experience on our last trip. When I started planning this trip, BBB was #1 on her request list. We checked in and waited a bit before DD5 was called back to change into her Elena dress. We then waited a bit more before it was finally her turn. Again, she absolutely LOVED every aspect of this…the hair (I could not talk her out of the pink hair extensions, she was obsessed!), the nails, the makeup. After we finished, we headed over to the makeshift photo studio set up at the Philharmagic for more pictures. I must say that this was really lame for those of us who were unfortunate enough to have an appointment while they were upgrading the one at Castle Couture.

At this point, I left DD5 and DM at princess fairytale hall. They had a FP to meet Cinderella & Elena while I had a FP for SDMT. Apparently, they decided to go in to meet Rapunzel and Tiana first. When I finished with SDMT, I waited in the store for them to exit from Cinderella & Elena. DD5 loved seeing all the princesses and got lots of attention!

We then walked over to BOG for our lunch reservation. I had pre-ordered our meal so we walked right into the restaurant. It did not seem that busy, and DD5 chose to sit in the rose gallery room. This was our first time eating here, and I thought the food was good for QS. I had the croque monsieur, and DD5 and I split the strawberry cream cheese cupcake. So good! After lunch, we walked over to ETWB to use our third FP. We missed ETWB on our last trip, so we thought this was great. DD5 was one of the dishes, and she really enjoyed the experience.

It was now time for us to take our mid-day break. On the way out, we stopped to meet Snow White. We were the second ones in line and waited just a few minutes for her to come out. Snow White was lots of fun! We then took the bus back to BCV.

I told DD5 that I really wanted her to take a nap on this break since we had a late night planned. I think she laid in bed with me for 10-15 minutes. No nap! However, she really didn’t want to take out the pink hair extensions to swim, so she was happy to play and relax in the room. Eventually, we showered and got ready to head back to MK for the evening.

We took the bus back to MK. As we walked in, the Move It Shake It parade was starting to make its way up Main Street, so we stopped to watch the parade. I had added FP for HM (since we skipped this on Sunday), so we walked over to ride that first. After HM, DD5 really wanted to do the Speedway again, so I got FP for that next. We walked over to Tomorrowland and did the PeopleMover. Next, I used mobile ordering to get the pepper jack cheese pretzel from the Lunching Pad, which DD5 and I shared as our dinner. We then walked over to use our FP at the Speedway. DD5 loves driving those cars!

By now, we needed to go check in for the HEA dessert party. I think most people were already there and eating by the time we were seated. Still, they had plenty of desserts, and we all enjoyed sitting and trying the various desserts. We took some waters to go and walked over to the garden viewing area. It was very full by the time we arrived. But we found a little open space in the far back corner near the fence. DM and I leaned against the railing while DD5 took off her shoes and danced around! This was our first time to watch HEA and to be in MK at night. WOW, such an awesome show!! And again, I just really love the atmosphere of the parks at night. I would do the dessert party again.

After HEA, we waited a few minutes in the garden area. And then we attempted the walk against the sea of humanity to get back into Fantasyland. It actually didn’t take as long as I had feared. We followed DD5’s lead from here. So, that meant riding the tea cups, Dumbo, WtP and the Carousel again. Fantasyland seemed empty. Then, we finally decided to call it a night. We stopped at the Emporium on the way out for one last souvenir for DD5. And then took the bus back to BCV. We had such an awesome, fun-filled day!!

9 Likes

Seems like you had a great trip. DD got to see so many characters and rides she liked. what beautiful memories.

Thank you for the trip report.

1 Like

Day 8 – Saturday, April 28

We slept in on our departure day. Then we packed up our things and took our luggage down to the resort airline check-in. I also left the stroller and DD5’s backpack with bell services. We then walked around to The Boardwalk for our 10:40 ADR at the Bon Voyage breakfast. We loved this meal! The food was good, and the character interaction was so great. Of course, DD5 loved seeing Ariel and Rapunzel again. But Prince Eric and Flynn gave her so much attention! Prince Eric was especially taken with her and made time to talk with DD5 on three separate occasions. It was so cute!

After breakfast, we walked back to BCV and headed to the shower room to change into our swimsuits. We spent the next several hours enjoying SAB. And then the dreaded time came when we had to change again and go wait for the Tragical Express. It picked us up at 4:20 for our 7:45 flight back to Indy. (Btw, I was so glad that I got TSA pre-check prior to this trip.)

We had the most fantastic trip!! Once again, I must thank all the Liners and the TP community for all the incredible tips that helped to make it possible. I can’t wait to do it again! DD5 has now figured out that it’s a “when” we go again not an “if”. I guess we’re hooked! :blush:

9 Likes

Loved your trip report!! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: Looks like you had an amazing trip.

1 Like

Thank you so much for posting this. It was fun to see and your daughter is the cutest

1 Like

What a great trip and a great report! Thank you for writing it up. Time to plan the next trip now! :wink:

1 Like

What a great trip report! Your daughter is BEYOND adorable. You got some great pictures!

1 Like

Ha! Tragical Express - haven’t heard that one before.

Our first trip to WDW was in April 2008, my niece was 4 and we stayed at BCV - so your trip report has been a real joy to read - thanks.

1 Like

We really liked BCV. And AKL is nice too. But I think I’m still partial to the Poly. That’s where we stayed on our first trip in October 2016 when DD was 4. I would happily stay at any of them again though. And I must admit that it’s so much easier and more enjoyable to do the parks with 3 as opposed to our first trip when there were 7 of us!

I loved reading your report! My oldest will be 4 on our next trip, so it was helpful to read what your daughter enjoyed. Also hello from a fellow Indiana liner! I live in Lafayette :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey there, I’m down in Columbus!

DD5 genuinely enjoys it all. There is nothing that we’ve done that she wouldn’t do again. However, as you might have noticed, she refuses to do any roller coasters. I thought I might get her on The Barnstormer this trip. But nope! I was fortunate to have my mom with us on this trip so that I could do some of the coasters.

Enjoy your trip!

1 Like

Oh not too far at all, a straight shot down I-65.

DD3 is still too short for many things, but I think she may try Barnstormer this time! We’ve watched a few YT videos to prep her.

My struggle with the coasters is not wanting to miss anything with the girls. Like not wanting to miss their faces when they see the baby tiger, which might happen if I was at EE. Stuff like that. So I’ve decided this trip is ‘kid-focused.’ We do have a date night planned, but otherwise we are skipping the bigger stuff (except FOP, but Boneyard will make up for it!). They are only little once is what I tell myself!

Can you estimate how long Rafiki’s PW took? I am having a hard time fitting it into our TP, but I think the girls would love it!

This was such a great trip report! Thank you for sharing it. We are taking DD4 for her first trip in Aug and plan on doing so much of what you described. Now I’m even more excited. Also, your daughter is so adorable!

1 Like

I believe that my TP estimated 1.5 hours for RPW, which included the train, Conservation Station and Affection Section. I think that’s fairly accurate. It’s possible that we spent a bit more time because we met Rafiki and spent time listening to the CM with the snake. But I think it’s a reasonable estimate.

I would definitely try to fit it in if your kids love animals. My DD has loved it on both of our trips!

1 Like