Trip Report - 3/1/23-3/3/23

Day 1
Flew from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to LGB, arriving around 9:45 am. Used Bon Voyage Transportation to get to my hotel, Anaheim Desert Inn, where I dropped off my luggage and headed to the parks. It was a very cold, windy day – winds at 20-30 mph! I focused on indoor rides and restaurants due to the cold.
I got into Disneyland around 11:00 am and walked onto Star Tours. Next up was MMRR with a posted wait time of 35 minutes, but actually only waited 17 minutes. It’s a very cute ride. I had ridden it at WDW, but since it was shortly after WDW reopened, they were not doing the preshow, so I finally got to experience it. Had fried chicken from Plaza Inn for lunch, and luckily was able to get a table inside.
After lunch rode Snow White with a 10 minute wait before using a LL for Haunted Mansion. While walking through Adventureland, it started raining so stepped into the shop there. The rain turned into what looked like a mix of hail/snow (turned out to be something called graupel).
Hopped to DCA where I rode Guardians (got Free Ride) and then Soarin before heading back to my room to rest and warm up.
Ate dinner at Red Rose Tavern simply due to it having indoor seating. After dinner found a spot in front of Storybook Canal Boats to watch Magic Happens parade. First time seeing the parade, even though I was at Disneyland in March 2020 before the shutdown. I enjoyed the parade and found it beautiful at night.
Rode Mr. Toad’s, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Winnie the Pooh before calling it a night. It was too cold and windy to stick around to watch the projections for Wonderous Journey.
Day 2
Rope dropped DCA. It was a cold morning, but not windy & the sun was out. First up was Guardians (Burnin Love). Then pretty much walked on Webslingers using the single rider line. Rode Guardians (Hit Me With Your Best Shot) again via standby with a 25 minute wait.
Had breakfast at Pym’s before riding Soarin and then rode Racers via the single rider line with a relatively short wait (forgot to time it). Bought Genie+ and booked a LL for Guardians. While waiting for my return time, rode Little Mermaid. Fourth time on Guardians got Give up the Funk. Next rode Monsters Inc using a Buddy Pass before eating lunch at Cocina Cucamonga where I had the QuesaBirria tacos.
Hopped to Disneyland where I rode the train, BTMRR using the LL before riding MFSR via the single rider line. On the way out of the park found a spot last minute to watch the 3:30 pm Magic Happens parade on Main Street.
Headed back to my hotel to rest, but that’s when the trip took a turn I wish it hadn’t. I stopped at the little store at Park Vue Inn to get some water and soda, and unfortunately on my way to my hotel tripped on the curb and fell. Ended up with a couple cuts on my forehead, strained my left shoulder and bruised my hip. Not hurt seriously, but am sore. Staff from Park Vue helped clean up my cuts and put Band-Aids on them. One of them even walked me to my hotel, explained what happened & asked the front desk to send ice up to my room so I could ice my arm and hip. I was supposed to do the dessert party for WOC, but did not feel up to doing it. Ended up hobbling down to Panera for a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
Day 3
Had a late start heading to Disneyland, and decided to make it an easy day. Had a Mickey pretzel with cheese before riding the horse drawn street car from the Castle to Town Square and then the fire truck back down. Decided to walk through SWGE. On the way there ran into Mary Poppins, a penguin and Burt by Red Rose Tavern. In SWGE saw the Mandalorian and Grogu. Grogu is soooo cute!
Rode Winnie the Pooh since it’s such a smooth ride. Next up was a full circle tour on the train before lunch at Carnation Café. Ended up buying Genie+ just so I could ride Soarin Over California without having to wait too long. I love this version of Soarin! After Soarin headed back to the hotel to rest and ice my shoulder and hip.
Had the Holiday Turkey sandwich at Earl of Sandwich before riding Haunted Mansion via LL. Wanted to watch the fireworks but I just wasn’t up to waiting around to see them. So that’s a wrap on this trip. Even though I didn’t get to do everything I wanted to do because of the fall, I still had a good trip.

8 Likes

I was going to add photos but not sure how to do that.

1 Like

Click the upload button in the lower right hand of the edit window. You can upload up to 5 photos at a time due to system limitations, but you can upload as many photos as you want to each post — you just have to go through the process multiple times.

4 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

Fun!

I’m so sorry about the accident, but I’m happy you’re ok. Thank you for your thought on our favorite parks in the Wild West!

6 Likes

So sorry to hear about your fall & hope you’re mending up well. It sounds like you still made the best of what you felt up to. And I’m very glad you learned how to upload photos, you have some very cute ones! Especially the one of you with Pluto! And what beautiful shots of the castle & Mary Poppins at the end!

5 Likes

Great report, thanks for posting!

I hated to hear about your fall, but it was nice to read that the staff helped you out!

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing! So terribly sorry about your fall. Hope you are mending well. Looks like you still had a great time!

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone. I am slowly healing. Still have some bruises, including a lovely black eye. But nothing serious. And I did still have a great time. I got to ride Guardians 4 times and got 4 different songs, so definitely a good trip.

3 Likes