Trip planning is *complicated*

It’s as well I’ve got a degree in mathematics, because WDW trip planning can get insanely complicated.

Because of various priorities I’m trying to satisfy, I’ve had to come up with a system for my FPP reservation windows as they open, one day at a time.

After an afternoon’s solid work, I now have three pathways through seven options — all depending on whether or not I can get an FPP for FOP, and on what day. I basically have two shots at getting one. If I fail, I have my VIP trip which covers FOP. If I succeed, I’ll cancel my VIP trip and save a bundle of cash.

To cover all the possibilities, I’ve had to make six ADRs, of which I’ll only hold on to two. (Don’t worry. I’ll release the other four within a week or so.)

My spreadsheet has ballooned in size in order to take all the possibilities into account.

7 Likes

I believe that is what is known in mathematics as exponential growth, not “ballooning”. Seriously, I thought as a mathematician, you’d know that.

4 Likes

Quantum planning - all possible ADRs and FPPs are booked. Only when you observe them do you have a discrete set of reservations. :smiley:

4 Likes

Have you added in the possibility of getting the Slinky coaster? Where is that in your priority list?

I’m an educator. I was simplifying.

My DHS day is pretty much fixed. So it’s not directly related to the FOP issue — my AK days are all before TSL opens.

That being said, I’m giving myself three windows to try to get either an FPP for either SDD or TSMM and (easier, I assume) access to TSL. If I fail, I’m willing to get in line for TSMM, but not for SDD — that can wait till next year. I’m not bothered about ASS. Ahem.

3 Likes

I have been having a hard enough time deciding what days to plan things for. I hadn’t put any thought into backup planning for FP+ issues. I’m not sure whether I should think of your complicated plans as genius I should copy or illness I should avoid like the plague…

5 Likes

Illness. No question.

4 Likes

Oh, you’re saying we’re all thick then?

Well, charming! After all the help,we’ve given you this last year.

And, since your birthday is over I can be mean to you, if you’re going to be mean to us.

(Ignore the fact I work with kids every day for the moment, and should therefore be above that kind of tit-for-tat)

2 Likes

Not all of you. Ahem.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

:cry:

Fine. Be like that.

2 Likes

As my students will tell you, the meaner I am to someone, the more I like them.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

So mature.

Like boys on the playground taunting little girls.

1 Like

Yeah…and I’m beginning to think Matt has a “thing” for me…

:wink:

Oh, that’s obvious. Both. :smiley: :joy:

1 Like

Can I just say that I feel like my DH and I are a little crazy for this…we decided not to do FOP. I believe my exact words were “do you want me to be overwhelmed and regress to being 5 years old complete with throwing a tantrum on the floor”. I feel for everyone trying to get on that ride