Trip Insurance

Hi Liners! Who opts to purchase travel insurance, and which company do you use? I know Disney offers their own, are there other (better) options? Worth it? TIA!

I never purchase insurance. It’s so easy and free to make changes, why bother?

We’re just adding it to our credit card. Some cards have it included already. You may want to check and see if you do have coverage that way. :smile:

I purchased it for our last trip partly because it was during hurricane season. It was inexpensive through MH Ross, who gets great reviews. We don’t buy refundable airfare, so making changes there is definitely not free - and with four tickets, it really adds up. Also, the Disney packages are only changeable for free up to 45 days out. After that, there is a $50 change fee and $200 cancellation fee up to 24 hours in advance. Within 24 hours, I do not think it can be cancelled or changed at all. The insurance covers those crazy “what-ifs” - you get in a car accident on the way to the airport, your kid breaks a limb just before you leave, I can imagine all kinds of crazy scenarios. Keep in mind that what is offered through Disney directly will not cover your airfare, which to me is the most important part since it is least easily changed.

2 Likes

MouseSavers has some good info on Trip Insurance Other Disney Travel Discounts & Savings - MouseSavers.com

Note that their details on the Disney trip insurance is out of date, but their coverage on the topic as a whole is good.