Trip booked for May!

YES! Diapers, etc. take up so much room. I will likely still have DS2 in pull-ups by then just in case, but i’m hopeful its just for back up protection. I will still carry wipes. I use wipes for so much (WHY DO THEIR FACES GET SO DIRTY?!?!), I can’t imagine not having them!

1 Like

They’re really strict about masks. We got asked by CMs about our (really big) 16 month old not wearing one a few times.

On the potty training thing - don’t stress about it! I speak from experience when I say it’s not that fun to take a newly potty-trained 2 yo to Disney. I think diapers would have been easier :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you for the info!
And yes, there are definitely pros and cons of diapers vs early potty training… we have just already been working through the potty training process, and I’m using the trip as a motivated to stick with it. DS2 is so stubborn and strong-willed that it’s easy to be like, fine, don’t go to the potty :rofl: so we are really trying to push the trip as an incentive.
It’s fine if he’s still not accident free by then, it would just be nice to make progress.
He made it through the night dry though!

1 Like

I’m preparing my list for dining - I make reservations Monday morning. My DS6 LOVED garden grill when we went in Sept '19. Can anyone provide details on “The Character Dining experience is currently modified at this location?” My BIL is going with us, this is his first trip to WDW since 1996. Dale is his favorite disney character (his name is Dale). I would love to go to Garden Grill if the characters are out, even if you can’t hug them or whatever.

They come by the tables from a distance just like at Topolino’s and Chef Mickeys

1 Like

Great, this is what I was hoping. Thanks :grin:

1 Like

We practiced prior to going. When we went outside we presented we had to put on our costume. It made it a game. We would play in the yard wearing our mask. We did this a few months before going. Also make sure the mask fits good. It is a lot easier to wear if it is not getting up in their eyes or falling off their ears. I like the ones with the chin pocket and the adjustable ear loops. Also they have lots of designs so pick something they like.

2 Likes

I love the idea of presenting it as a costume!
I’ve been telling him he’s a superhero when he wears it. I have bought a few different kinds for him to try. I’ve got some Jack Skellington ones on the way for him and I think they might really convince him.
He’s not against the idea of the mask, he just takes it off after a short while. I think we will be able to get him convinced by the time we leave.

1 Like

He made it 17 mins in the grocery store wearing a mask today! He didn’t complain once and waited til we got back to the car to say “Georgie takes off mask now ok?”

13 Likes

Good job, Georgie! He’s adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Adorable! You may want to try one that is not so widely (chin to nose). I have to wear one for work every day and I don’t like them to get up in my eyes. I wear mine just over my nose. I like the ones with the chin pocket so they don’t ride up in my eyes. Good luck. We are planning to go in May. I have a few for my GS but are going to have to get more mask for the trip. It is hard to find one for this age that fits good.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have several different ones we’re trying out. I’m planning on taking multiple options with us.
So far, when we are actually out of the house he doesn’t seem to mind wearing it, even if its too high up on his face. He won’t wear one at home at all though! Stubborn (no idea where he gets that :grin:). The one he’s wearing in the picture is super soft and even thought it’s wider, he seems to like it better than some of the others.

2 Likes

Well my state just dropped its mask mandate. Maybe by May Florida won’t have a mask mandate and we won’t have to worry about mask at all. :blush:

2 Likes

Even if Florida were to drop the mandate, I doubt Disney will for quite some time. They need to protect their workers, foremost, and guests after that…and guests need to still be able to come where they still feel a level of safety. I know that it is because of Disney’s precautions, including masks, that we have felt safe to go. If they dropped the mask mandate prematurely, we would likely hold off.

Now, if the actual infection rates drop to almost nothing in the next couple months, perhaps that could change.

5 Likes

I agree with this. I feel like May is too close for Disney to suddenly drop their mandate, regardless of Florida mandates. I will likely wear a mask even if it’s not mandated at that time. However, if Disney didn’t have a mandate by May, I would be less likely to make DS2 wear a mask.
DS6 is already used to wearing a mask for school/ everywhere else so he won’t have a problem

Georgie is hella cute, man :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! He’s a sour patch kid though. Rotten to the core.

3 Likes

Haha

Sounds familiar.

Although, my son is not rotten to the core - he’s just an absolute PITA about everything that is not on his agenda

Kind and generous, but a PITA. We go rounds, him and I. Hubby claims it’s because we are too much alike :angel:

2 Likes

Lol, we call my youngest our sour patch kid too! He is so sour a lot of the time and but the absolute sweetest too!

1 Like

We went to a local festival today- masks only required for over 5, but I had George wear one anyway (the more practice the better) and he did great! Did not complain once, had it on for 45 mins , then a break for lunch, then back on for 45 more mins. I am feeling better and better about WDW! He may be a little monster most of the time, but he’s more adaptable than I’ve given him credit for!

14 Likes