Trip booked for May!

Yes, we did this when DS6 was little. He still has trouble with the noise from automatic flushers… DS2 is not afraid of anything. He’s just stubborn. He KNOWS when he needs to potty and just doesn’t want to go.
I had a goal of getting him trained before this trip, but it was really an arbitrary timeline and just something to strive for. I’m not upset that he’s still working on it. Eventually he’ll learn lol.
We are taking a potty in the van though… both boys will be asleep most of the ride but I hate having to take the to gas station bathrooms on a road trip, so i’ll have the potty chair as a backup.

4 Likes

DS2 did wake up this morning and say “Mom, do I wear a mask today? So we can go to Disney World?” and I had to laugh and tell him not until Friday! But hey, he’s on board with the mask situation. We’ve been discussing it and practicing a lot lately so I’m not surprised it was on his mind.

7 Likes

We are staying at the cabins at Fort Wilderness - ever since I showed my DH a youtube video of the layout, he’s made comments like “That will be great, we can cook a small dinner since we’re eating big lunches.” I was like, well, ok I guess… and I’ve been trying to figure out how to make a small dinner at the cabin work with our park plans. It made sense for my kids because DS6 really eats peanut butter sandwiches almost exclusively. But DH had mentioned pastas, maybe vegetables one night… and I was having trouble with the logistics since it’s a quick 4 day trip and we’re park hopping.

This morning, I was asking him about the grocery list and explaining that we need to figure out what we are trying to take in the car and what we are going to try to get when we get there (either running in a grocery or getting prime now groceries). DH said “Well, we really only need milk and juice for the cereal for breakfasts.” So I asked, “Ok, well what about the things we need for dinner?” His response was “What are you talking about?”

Guys. He had been JOKING this entire time about eating dinners at the cabin. The amount of thought and planning and analyzing I’ve done and he was freaking JOKING. We leave in 4 days and I’m finding out just now that it was all a big joke.

I could have killed him right there.
Oh well, at least it makes my life so much easier knowing we’re going to just do QS dinner in the parks like usual. How ridiculous.

14 Likes

He does understand this is grounds for divorce, right? And we’re all witnesses? :joy:

Also witnesses for the defense if you go this route!

5 Likes

I think when he saw the look on my face when he said he’d been joking and he didn’t realize I did not know he’d been joking he had that “Oh sh*t, this is bad” look. He laughed because he thinks it’s hilarious I didn’t know. I looked at him and said “I have asked and asked for input and the only input you gave was to make small dinners at the cabin. Do you not think that I would take that as something you actually wanted?” and he was like no, I was joking.

6 Likes

Yeah, my DH has a tendency to give me a series of evasive non-answers and then suddenly looks at me like I’m dense because he says he already told me his opinion? I was somehow supposed to tease it out of his musings? So I totally feel your pain!

But he functions well in his primary role so I’ll give him latitude on that! :joy:

3 Likes

I looked at him and said “Do you think it’s smart to joke about Disney World? Because you should just stop right there.”
I am the type of person who plans more than I should for a trip to the local zoo. And he thinks it’s funny to joke about WDW.

I’m leaving him at home with the kids and doing a solo trip.

6 Likes

See this is why I leave my DH out of all the planning entirely. I just tell him what time he needs to be dressed every morning.

4 Likes

I have learned a valuable lesson here.

2 Likes

I packed for my kids in gallon ziplocks when they were little too! I didn’t label them though…that is genius!! :slight_smile:

Have a wonderful trip!!

2 Likes

Thank goodness!

You must not be far if you’re heading out Thursday night and going right to MK? Sounds like so much fun. Enjoy and throw us a pic now and then! Wait! Reading on … looks like you’re driving through the night! I love a road trip, but not sure I can drive all night at my age. :joy:

Yusssss! Do eeeeet! (As DD21 would say.)

4 Likes

We’re about 13 hours away - but DH drives and travels a lot for his business, so driving through the night always makes a ton of sense to us because it lets the littles sleep while we drive. We have three adults (because BIL is going) to take shifts this time and we put the crib mattress in the back of the van so one adult sleeps on the crib mattress, one adult sleeps in the passenger seat and one adult drives for 3 hrs (maybe 4 if possible) then we all switch. It’s rough, but by the time we get to MK, the kids are ready to go and we’re so excited we don’t feel tired.
It’s a different story when we get home on the exhaustion front though.
Still worth it.

4 Likes

I second this lesson!

Works like a charm. If there are any thoughts/suggestions, I note them at the end of the trip for next time.

On the last trip, I specifically remember he didn’t like that I had every meal planned. So for this trip, I have equal parts grazing/QS to TS.

1 Like

Haha, the thing is he literally provides no input other than “you know WDW better than I do, whatever you want” so when he had this grand plan about cooking, I took it seriously.
It’s such a relief that it was a joke. But I am a little annoyed :expressionless:

3 Likes

I provide very curated choices. “Here are 3 lunch options” (all of which I really want to try). Etc.

4 Likes

I guess atleast you won’t be cooking dinner! Not funny though! Still bring that PB and bread. My little kids lived on rice crispies st the hotel, so picky!

This is what I do!

1 Like

We always take PB and bread just because it makes a good snack. I have no idea why he thought this was funny. Oh well. Either way I’m going to Disney so I don’t even care anymore.

1 Like

Are we sure? :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Oh crap.

3 Likes