Trip 3/27-4/3, first time during spring break and I'm sad

Hey everyone! So this is my first time posting here and I’m having major anxiety over the crowds this month. I don’t know what I was thinking, I think I might have been a little too optimistic about the crowds not being too bad during this time frame. Now that I’m seeing pictures and wait times, I feel like crying. We always go in late April-May but our kids are getting older and harder to take out of school for long periods. I’ve been in June in the past and early fall when it was heavier so I thought I could handle it.
Please someone tell me that we will still enjoy our trip (at least we have the fast passes/reservations we want)…

4 Likes

From reading other posts in the past, the general consensus is that with a good TP, the crowd levels are manageable. It will probably feel more crowded than you’re used to but, having your FP and a good plan ready to go, the crowds won’t seem so scary. You’re already way ahead of so many people there…and with all the liner tips and strategies, I think you’ll have an amazing vacation, crowds be damned!

2 Likes

We went last year during Thanksgiving week. I was nervous because it’s one of those notorious weeks of the year that is swamped, but we had a great time! I highly recommend using EMH and we were also able to book our first three fastpasses early and get several more throughout the day. It won’t be as bad as you fear. We got a lot done even with high crowds and I liked it so much I want to go back at Thanksgiving this year.

1 Like

Try this out. I owe a big thank you to @OBNurseNH for the strategy she outlined here:

“How to maximize the FPP system to minimize ALL of your waits”

It helped us on a CL 8 day get 9 FPP in one day at MK and never waited more than 10 minutes when most standby waits were 45 min to an hour.

3 Likes

I’m contemplating a Spring Break 2020 trip next year (March 28 - April 3) and would love to hear how this year works out for you! I’m nervous and undecided. Our first ever trip in 2014 was right after the princess marathon and crowds were Amazing. We went again in Oct 2017 and crowds were kind of a nightmare combined with unexpected heat (felt over 100 degrees each day!) and I’m fearful that Spring Break will be similar.
Hoping for success for you!

1 Like

My cousin went during Spring Break last year (she has 2 children ages 4 & 7) and they had a blast. The park hopped to magic hours in the PM and got a lot done during that time. She said it was great and they’d do it again! She did not have a TP, so I can only imagine that if she did, it would have been even easier.

1 Like

We’ve been during Spring Break and Easter a few times. Sure, it’s crowded, but its nothing you can’t handle. The crowds aren’t all that bad until about 10:30-11:00 am - if you rope drop you can get soooo much done before the masses arrive. This alone means you’re already miles ahead of the average visitor. A good touring plan takes care of the rest of the day.

Don’t worry, you’ve got this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was there last week and it was crowded but as long as you have a good plan in place you’ll be fine. My best advance would be to think about your rope drop plan. Unless you absolutely have to don’t go to the big draws. i.e FOP, SDD. In AK for example we went to Mt Everest and rode it twice. This was our first trip with the crowd levels this high and we were able to do everything we wanted. With TP ,mobile ordering and managing your FP’s it never felt crowded.

1 Like

We were there last week, and Hollywood Studios was a 9 on the day we were at it, plus we got lost walking there and arrived after rope drop. We still got to do everything we wanted and pick up some additional fast passes, including one for Alien Swirling Saucers that I was able to modify to start, like, 20 minutes from the time I got it. Show up early, be prepared to be a bit flexible, get your fast passes in order, and make a plan. And then just enjoy it!

1 Like

We go in late March/early April every year, and it is wonderful. Don’t be sad! Yes it can be crowded, but Disney expects these crowds and will be fully staffed. Have good plans, great FPP and ADRs, pay for a few extras if you like (Disney After Hours, early morning magic, a dessert party…). Epcot will be the so much more beautiful than when you have been in other times of the year (except maybe Christmas), the Flower and Garden food booths are are a wonderful addition. I used to be afraid of spring break crowds, but really I have not seen much difference in what we are able to accomplish on our trips at different times of year/different crowd levels. It is all about your planning, initial FPP and the understanding of how to get more/refresh. Try to relax and enjoy! See you there very soon!

1 Like

No matter what happens, it’s still Disney! Make sure you’ve planned, get your FPs and stay positive. It’s going to be great.

1 Like