Travel Insurance for September 14-21

If you travel a lot, some of these travel insurance perks are more valuable than the cash back or points that you get.

I think in general, most of us need to sit down and really read up on the benefits our cards have. I’m sure I don’t know all the ins and outs of my cards!

And keep visiting their websites. I saw a special offer I thought I might use, and signed up for it. Just today, a $22 credit popped up in my email from Chase, because I’m staying at a Residence Inn next week, which I would have done anyway. In fact I had forgotten all about that promo.

Same for all the hotel sites like Marriott and Hilton- they have promos all the time, you just have to visit and register for them.

2 Likes

I churn cards for their new user bonus payouts. I’ve never even considered their perks beyond that. I’m possibly sitting on some I’d actually use.

I couldn’t even tell you right now what I bought with which card for upcoming trip. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’ve got me, my husband, and my mom churning cards!!

We’ve actually run out of cards to apply for. :sob:

1 Like

I still need to get my husband a Barclay Arrival. And I’m the only one with the Disney Visa so far, but I’m waiting for them to run the referral promotion in my area.

We’re planning to take next year off from Disney (best laid plans…) so that will hopefully give us time to be eligible for new bonuses :slight_smile:

I couldn’t get a barclay arrival for DH after mine. It told me it was currently unavailable.
When did you last check? Maybe it’s being reissued??? We JUST paid DS’s tuition too.

I would like to remind all of you to freeze your credit reports to prevent people from gaining credit via your credit. You can establish a pin number so you can drop to lockout when you need to and bring it back up thereafter. Scammers are out there and more than happy to create a card in your name.

2 Likes

I think my mom got hers in May or June.

I have multiple credit monitoring services. I like to cover all my bases!

1 Like

I got approved for mine in June. Several of the travel hacking bloggers put out an alert that it was the last day to apply for it.

Well that’s a giant bummer!!! That was $800 I was gonna use towards our hotel.

1 Like

I hear you! I wish Disney had more travel hacking options. I bought our tickets for this fall with Chase points, and they’ve shut that down already.

If you’re not already booked, I’d look into Marriott (Dolphin/Swan) or Hilton (Disney Springs) credit card bonuses.

1 Like

I read in December that you may be able to do it through the cruise booking people. I plan to try. I also read you can use Citi Thankyou points through the cruise booking for tickets. We’re gonna try that too.

We’re already booked.

I hope it works! I didn’t book with the cruise people. Disney tickets used to be listed on the Chase Rewards site under Things To Do. Universal, Legoland, and SeaWorld tickets are still there, if you’re venturing out of the bubble during your trip.

1 Like

I work in the international healthcare industry for the Global Solution for BCBS, GeoBlue. If you go overseas, you will get very comprehensive health insurance, Evac and repat coverage.

You definitely shouldn’t travel overseas without coverage.

should

Is that what you meant to say?

Nope. Just edited.