Travel Agency Ads - What do you think?

Hi all

We’re going to start running some new ads for our travel agency (touringplanstravel.com). I’m sure you’ve noticed a few things like this on the site and probably aren’t a huge fan… who like ads? But we’ve been trying to make them as non-intrusive as we can while also attracting people who don’t usually use a travel agent.

Here are the new ads, what do you think? Do any of these address anything that might make you want to try out the agency?

5 Likes

I like ads that make me laugh.

I don’t know if humour is a tone you would want for your travel agency, but it would attract me into looking at the product advertised.

6 Likes

After being on hold for 3.5 hours and hanging up in frustration… the first one really speaks to me :wink:

6 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

Not bad.

My first thoughts are:

• Going after the pain-points of booking do work on certain demographics, but not all.
  • How are you differentiating yourself from the competition?
  • I would try and find a way to incorporate what you do best at TouringPlans into your ads. Not only will you promote one part of your business, but also the other portion that we all love.

I am not in marketing, so don’t take my word for it.

Something around “We Save you time in Lines, not let us help Save you Money”

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

The middle one- I don’t think that really tells a client anything?

Have an usual question or request? Our agents know how to get the answers?

Or something like that?

3 Likes

I agree with others that the first and last are good selling points to pique interest and the middle one is kind of a nonstarter. Visually the pink border clashing with the reddish T logo makes me bonkers.

2 Likes

I think the first one wouldn’t appeal to newbies who have never had to wait on hold for hours to Disney.

2 Likes

Is that what this site is becoming? A travel Agency? Yes, you might get a hold of them on the phone right away but how long will that last? Sorry. I am NOT in favor of this at all. Show me why I would use you over another agency such as MVT

They have already become a travel agency.

1 Like

After losing several days of my life rebooking and rebooking and then cancelling my 2020 trip that never happened I was happy to see that pop up when I came back to the site after deciding it was time to get Disney back on the calendar. If I’m honest it was the included touring plans subscription that ultimately led to me clicking the “get a quote” button.

4 Likes

I agree that they should emphasise the word ‘we’, rather than Touring Plans. It makes it more personal.

1 Like

This site? No, but Touring Plans has had a travel agency for a while.

One of my long-time agents works for them.

They still said great things about MVT in the unofficial guide and did not mention their own travel agency.

1 Like

Are there two l’s in traveling?

2 Likes

There are in UK English. I don’t know about over there but it looks wrong with only 1.

1 Like

I was thinking about this further while out on a walk earlier.

We are hearing from the masses that Disney has made our vacation planning and trips complex. You could argue that this was done on purpose to ensure you fork over additional funds to try and reduce that complexity and frustration. Another way to look at it is Disney is trying to introduce more interactive technology to try and personalise your experience and that the complexity is just a byproduct of that. Either way, planning and executing a Disney Trip has become complex.

Maybe some sort of tag line that states we help reduce the complexity from your Vacation like we have reduced the wait times in the parks for decades now.

4 Likes

I wasn’t going to say anything, but since you brought it up…:sweat_smile:

I personally prefer the double L’s, but I guess I’m in the wrong country for that…I feel the same way about canceled/cancelled…

4 Likes

Amour vs Amor
Colour vs Color
flavour vs flavor

2 Likes

I have to say, when I think of the Touring Plans agency I think of more than Disney. I think of Michelle McKnight, and how she helps me with my cruises.

I also think of my last Universal trip. Michelle called both the front desk and bell services of Royal Pacific because I asked her about 72 hours before my trip if there would be any way my niece could store breast milk on check out day……

Like I said in my earlier post- we all need help with some of our “unusual” questions and requests from time to time.

2 Likes

I have been working for a UK based company since 2015 so I don’t even notice the spelling differences anymore. Basically I just figure it is the UK spelling and let it go. :upside_down_face:

1 Like