Transportation Plans - some questions and need feedback

Ryan1, I wasnt sure, so that’s why I also offered S/D with an uber as the back up.

1 Like

You also have to remember you can not access most Disney Resorts without some kind of reservation(dining or otherwise). I offered SSR as a potential to walk from, but I do not know if the walk way from DS to Congress Park is open that early. When is your trip? I am going in August and will check if needed. Best idea is have plan a,b,c and d and then see what can work when you are boots on the ground

1 Like

How about Uber to GF and monorail from there? Just read a success MK rope drop story in the Lines app using this strategy :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Plan A, but I am not sure if you will need a ressie to get into GF , past security checkpoint

1 Like

As I understand mobile order works. And you can cancel in the last minute if you are late or something unexpected happens. I was going to do that to Uber to CR and walk, but oh well…

I know when I went in March I had an early reservation at the Wave…but ended up not going

1 Like

There were reports in March that they stopped allowing the mobile ordering at CR, but it might have changed again. Ask on Lines

1 Like

There have been lots of instances of people being turned away at GF and CR. Wish that could be my plan A.

I just mapped the walk from Wyn to SSR And it’s about a 15 minute walk (oddly the literal same distance I did on an errand the other day). We are a party of two adults so definitely doable. However, I do wonder about it being blocked off. Timing wise, anyone have recent knowledge on how early to hop the first bus at SSR - assuming the walkway is open?

2 Likes

I am liking the Dolphin Swan uber and Bus from YC or BW.
Lines usually has times of first bus at SSR(or any resort)

1 Like

Thanks, I will. I have always rented a car for my WDW trips, but thanks to pandemic-related changes, I have decided to rely on Disney transportation this time. I’m lost… there are so many questions, so much uncertainty

If you see any new info on transportation for rope drop, please post here and tag me. Will do the same.

LOL I always rent a car (unless solo)and found it great in March. I am not the best tagger (because I don’t know how) but I will let you know if I see it

1 Like

Awesome! I’m staying at the Dolphin, so maybe will just go to BW every morning and that’s it.

1 Like

If I were at Swolfin, I would definitely take this approach. I’ve stayed there and it’s a super easy walk to get over to BW.

1 Like

I’m going to post over on Lines and on FB to see if anyone has done the DS hotel to SSR walk to avoid TTC for MK RD. Will share back if I get any concrete feedback.

I’m next week (MK day is 6/23). I’ve got a YouTube video I’ve been using as a resource as well so might comment there to see if the creator has any updates.

1 Like

I posted a few minutes ago…you’ll see it

1 Like

Thank you CJ. I’m probably stressing out for no reason (classic for me). I kind of hijacked your OP and wasn’t very helpful, but good luck!. Please share what you find out and how your trip goes.

No worries - we’re all in it together :slight_smile: As always, I’m confident in all my transport options - except for MK… stupid TTC lol

1 Like

Reporting back w/ intel I’ve gathered:

Many were concerned about the distance of a walk from a DS hotel. However, once mapped from the closest DS hotel (Wyn) to Congress Park (the closest SSR stop), it is a reasonable distance for sure.

Possible problem #1: One liner reported the Congress Park bus stop was getting full buses at RD. They actually walked to Grand Stand to get a bus when they wanted to definitely be on the first one. That could change as transportation capacity is increasing.

Possible problem #2: There is general agreement that the path from SSR to Disney Springs does not get closed. However, Google Maps shows that the easiest path goes through DS. Haven’t gotten confirmation about whether you can walk through DS before opening hours. Can you walk around in DS when the businesses are closed, or do they empty it and close gates similar to a park? I’ve never been there at open or close to see…perhaps someone here knows?

Regardless of #2, I think I will do uber to TTC for MK. A liner on chat reported that buses were lined up and ready to take you to the front gate of MK. So I’m going to place my eggs in that basket.

1 Like

Interesting thought about number 2. Didn’t think about that explicitly…but then to enter DS, you have to go through security. Seems security would be lax if they let people walk through DS prior to opening without security checks open.

Need feedback on timings for morning - keeping in mind I’m front of RD kind of girl :slight_smile:

MK official opening @ 8
Thinking uber at 6:15, which should put me at TTC at about 6:45 to hop a bus or monorail. Hopefully putting me at MK by 7. That does seem a little tight if they are opening a full hour early, especially if they are not holding people at the taps and are holding instead at the hub. So maybe I need to back it up to 6?

EP official opening @ 11
Thinking uber at 8:45, arriving at Swan by about 9:15. Walk to IG entrance to arrive about 9:45. I know they have shifted to a more traditional RD procedure so I’m hoping that that will put us front of pack.

DHS official opening @ 9
Similar to EP, but uber at 7, arrive Swan by about 7:30. Walk to DHS to be there about 8. I definitely want to be front of pack to knock out SDD and avoid that line in the sun.

Feedback welcome. Obviously this is my first time doing from a DS hotel, and with the soft openings, want to set myself up for a strong start.

1 Like