Transportation Plans - some questions and need feedback

Staying at Wyndham Garden at DS.

Arrival
Uber from airport to resort

MK Resort Progressive Dinner (not a park day)
DS bus to CR (not sure where to pick up this bus)
Walk from CR to GF (stopping by guest services at MK to pick up ticket cards)
Walk from GF to Poly
Bus from Poly to DS and walk back to resort

*I could do the monorail from CR to GF (even though it’s sort of the long way round) especially if guest services at DS is easily accessed from my resort. Not sure of that location though?

To and from MK (park day)
Planning to uber in the morning for Rope Drop (will book night before) - will have to uber to TTC and cross fingers for a prompt bus/monorail/ferry. Suggestions on how long to allow for DS to TTC? Thinking arrive at TTC at 6:30 (do I need earlier) latest for 8:00 opening (most recent reports seem to say actual opening between 7:00 and 7:15.
At end of the day, not sure which would be better: MK bus to SSR and walk to Wyndham. OR Walk to CR and take bus to DS.

To and from EP & DHS
Uber to Swan and walk to park
At end of day, debating - walk to one of the Epcot resorts and take DS bus, or take SSR bus and walk from there.

If anyone knows where to find a clear map of DS with bus stops and neighboring resorts, would love to look at one :slight_smile:

Please share your thoughts!

1 Like

Head toward Planet Hollywood/Coke Store/Orange garage. There is ample signage directing you. The bus depot is right near there.

I think this is a good plan. Monorail from CR to GF is totally fine and not really the long way around.

I would probably walk to CR and bus to DS if it’s not too late. If it gets too near to DS closing time you may not be able to get a bus to DS and in that case your other option would be better (and that option will always work anyway – get off in Congress Park)

Same answer as above. Be aware of the time as it may impact your ability to get a bus to DS

1 Like

I assume you are not planning to rope drop MK, or are you?

It’s under the Progressive Dinner heading so I think it’s an intended later arrival to the MK area

1 Like

Clarified in my OP

On MK Day:

Planning to uber in the morning for Rope Drop (will book night before) - will have to uber to TTC and cross fingers for a prompt bus/monorail/ferry. Suggestions on how long to allow for DS to TTC? Thinking arrive at TTC at 6:30 (do I need earlier) latest for 8:00 opening (most recent reports seem to say actual opening between 7:00 and 7:15.

1 Like

Yes there are two MK transportation trips - one is basically progressive dinner, no park. Next morning is transport at start of day. Planning RD to close. This is the first time I’ve done MK RD arriving at TTC without PPO breakfast transport running. So this is the one I’m most worried about.

There were recent reports that they were holding walkers from CR to MK and that the Busses(and maybe boat arrived before they were let thru).
Other option is to maybe Walk to SSR and 1st Bus to MK??? I am not sure of the distance from your hotel

2 Likes

Whaaaaat??? Is this true? This will totally throw a wrench in my plans

It was in the Lines like 2-3 days ago…I am 100% sure on the busses

1 Like

Yeah getting to MK via CR in the morning does not seem to be a viable option, otherwise that would definitely my chosen path.

1 Like

You could also take a uber to Swan/dolphin and get a bus from YC or BW…this would eliminate the TTC boat or monorail

What about guests staying at the CR? I mean, you pay for a deluxe resort and can’t even walk to be the first in line? What about walking to HS from BW area, same thing?

I believe you guys, I’m just shocked/nervous/disappointed/annoyed/angry

4 Likes

I had considered the walk to SSR and take the earliest bus. I think I need to map that walk to get an idea of what it actually looks like as a start to the day.

1 Like

The person that posted in Lines was staying at CR and I totally agree- to loose that advantage because they are holding you for the first busses to arrive would upset me too. That said, the person who posted said they were about 10 back at the taps and still were on and off 7DM very quickly. They were very gracious

3 Likes

And remember At least you know now(and are making plans accordingly), you never know when things will change. I personally like the SSR to MK on 1st bus…but I do not know who you will have in tow

1 Like

I would be furious! Whooa. Anyway, knowledge is power. Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

One more question to you and @cjandres
What’s the advantage of taking the bus at SSR compared to other resorts?
Thank you so much

Presumably because SSR is within walking distance of DS, where the hotel is.

1 Like

One question I have, though is…can you walk to DS from SSR early enough? Do they close the walkway until a certain time before DS opens/closes?

I would think Disney would take measures to prevent people from doing this…but maybe it is good enough that they keep people from getting into the DS parking garage too early…otherwise it seems people could use it as a way to avoid paying to park, etc.

1 Like

@ryan1 is right - I’m at a DS hotel. Shuttle not currently operating (I believe). Even if it were, I’m not sure I would trust it at rope drop. So my option is to either take and uber to TTC and get on the earliest bus/monorail/ferry available, or walk over to SSR, a Disney resort, and use Disney transport.

I might do that walk on arrival day at some point so I can get a feel for how far and where I’m going on a day when my timing doesn’t need to be as precise.

1 Like