Transportation from airport to all star movies

My trip is getting closer. I am looking for transportation to and from the resort. Its four of us. 2 adults and 2 kids (4 year old and 6 year old). I wanted a Minnie Van but I heard they do not go to the airport. Any suggestions on what I should get that offer car seat and booster?

Sunshine Flyer had a kids travel free summer special.

Several car services offer booster and car seats- Happy Limo, Quicksilver, etc.

1 Like

Mears is a bus so you wouldn’t need one.

1 Like

Mears is getting iffy reviews on chat. I’d do Sunshine Flyer over Mears right now.

2 Likes

We were very happy with Cast and Crew Transportation for our pick up and drop off at MCO. They have car seat, booster, and stroller rentals as well. https://castandcrewtransportation.com/

3 Likes

We used Mears private car (not the shared bus) last time and had a great experience. Car seat/booster was provided. Excerpt from my never-published trip report:
Our plane was scheduled to land at midnight, and being alone with two kids I just wanted to get to the hotel as quickly as possible and did not want to worry about a sketchy company I had never heard of before. So I splurged a bit on private SUV service with Mears and it was perfect. Our plane ended up being 40 minutes late, pulling into the gate at 12:40. The driver immediately texted me that he was there and met us at the baggage claim escalator. He helped DD9 with her luggage and whisked us off to the Dolphin, there was even a Disney movie playing on the video screens. It was like the ultra-DME! We were walking into the Dolphin at 1:25.

1 Like

Not exactly answering your question and I agree that for the ages of your children you are asking about the safest options…However, car seat laws in Florida require a booster seat for 4-5 year olds and only that 6-8 year olds ride in back seat with a seatbelt…which could simplify transportation options if you are comfortable with this. In any case, I have MiFold compact booster seats for my 5 and 7 year old and these work pretty well for travel if we are not doing a lot of driving. Anything more than 45 minutes or so and the kids say they are uncomfortable.

1 Like

I second the Mears private car option. It was worth every penny. For us on arrival we had a group of 6 which meant it was about on par with booking a shuttle. Book early though as the private cars fill up; if you can’t book the time you want email Mears - they’re super accommodating.

We did have 2 guests in our party who used Mears Connect shuttle from the CBR to the airprt with zero complaints - the shuttle was on time, the transfer quick and the driver pleasant.

2 Likes

never mind, I just saw that they have car seats. thanks for the tips. I am going with Mears private car service :slight_smile:

We just booked with Cast & Crew Transportation for our upcoming trip in Nov. Website was very clear. You can only book 60 days out. Prompt confirmation with clear information. We had used Qucksilver on our last trip but decided to regroup after reading the forum. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

2 Likes