Tragical into Magical

Oof! Wouldn’t even bother going to bed.

5 Likes

It’s truly horrible. We have a 2 & 8 year old. We booked our flight because it was in the afternoon. We tried to change flights but weren’t able to. It was either lose a day of our trip and come home early or get the kids up at 2 am. It’s not like there will be traffic that early. I wish DME didn’t pick up so early for domestic flights.

2 Likes

Those poor kiddos.

I’ve got a 9 year old. I booked our flight simply because it was the only one that wasn’t >$350 a person. I couldn’t justify spending $1800 getting home.

I’m seriously considering it.

My parents are elderly, and I know they’ll be ready for bed as soon as their heads hit the pillows after a week at WDW. I booked us a 4 o’clock dinner and was planning on taking some zzzquil, but I really don’t know if it will be worth it.

1 Like

See if you can modify the reservation to 7:30 which is the first seating so you shouldn’t have to wait. Uber to airport. Don’t give up your ADR just yet.

2 Likes

My flight was at 1130am on Thursday. They put me on the 805am Tragical. I am PreCheck so I was able to get right through security, but TSA lines were long for the regular folks. So, even if you don’t take it, youll want to be careful about how tight on time you are…I don’t think the TSA situation is going to improve.

2 Likes

NPR segment and then the Today show a few days later. It’s a great term for what is happening everywhere. I can’t really blame Disney. If people will pay the same (or more!) for less service then they owe it to their stock holders to capitalize on that profit. I just hate it from my end.

1 Like

I have TP and Mousekepros searching for me!

1 Like

Not only what everyone has already said, but remember MCO’s set up with having to take the rail to the gates. The woman who owns the travel agency I use was there a couple of weeks ago and one of them went down. For last-minute going down like that at least (I’m sure if they were out of service for a long period of time it would be different), there IS no other option to get to the gates. Luckily for her, she is like me and always gets to the airport with lots of extra time to not be stressed and rushed.

1 Like

I will NEVER fly before 10am again, having done that 6:30 thing once. ONLY once.

2 Likes

I haven’t even done it yet and it’s already the worst decision of my life :weary:

1 Like

Any chance you can change it?

I don’t mind the crazy early flights to leave for vacation. But it’s rough coming home like that. But those flights are definitely much cheaper and everything is so expensive right now. Think of it this way - you’ll sleep the whole day when you get home and effectively miss that awful first day back from Disney feeling.

1 Like

We have a 5am!! Flight out on Saturday. I live 2 hours away from the airport. :grimacing: I wanted to change it to the night before but the flights were too many points (SW). I will plan to be there at 3:30?because boarding should be at 4:30. Yikes. But if the flight is on time and not cancelled (fingers crossed) we will have the whole day at WDW. Flying home next Monday afternoon. Expecting MCO to be a zoo that day. I have pre-check but DD24 doesn’t so I think we need to be there extra early.

2 Likes

Mine is 5:30. Lack of sleep is a small price to pay to get to Orlando at 7:30AM. I’ve learned my lesson though with those early flights home. DME picked me up at 4:30AM last time. :weary:

1 Like

Unfortunately no. We’re flying home the Saturday after thanksgiving so all the flights are ridiculously expensive. This was the only flight I could find for us that day that was under $350 a person.

1 Like

For me, the very early, cheaper flights always sound good at the time of booking … and then the closer I come to departure day, the more I regret it.

5 Likes

@OBNurseNH , could you link that Dis Unplugged one? I like them but I haven’t done one in awhile so I’d have to watch many to try to find that one in particular.

Hopefully that works. Otherwise go to youtube and search for “Dis Unplugged Off The Rails Less For More” (that’s how I located it)

1 Like

Precheck is probably faster, but for those that dont make sure you try to use clear reservations in the AM: https://twitter.com/MCO/status/1451170268290981888

1 Like