Tragical into Magical

Staying at BWV. On departure day I scored a Topo’s breakfast at 8:30. Flight is a noon. We have precheck but it will be Christmas Eve so likely very busy.

Think we can do it? How long does breakfast usually take?

Maybe we Uber to Riviera with our bags, leave them with bell services, and then Uber to the airport after breakfast?

Does DME ever let you leave from a different resort?

Yes, I am trying to squeeze every little drop of magic out of this trip. Kids are old (17 and 20) and one of these “Last” trips will actually be the last trip. :sob:

1 Like

Bell services can be slow and this would be my only concern if you are in a time crunch. Take your bags up w/ you?

Oooh. Is that not awkward?

There will be 4 of us. Each with a full back pack and 1-2 large suitcases (Christmas party gear and souvenirs will kill our usual carry-on only rule).

w/ all the bags… yes… but let’s see what other more experienced liners say… I mean liners w/ more experienced w/ bell services. b/c I’ve rarely used them but when I did use them I found them slow. I’m not complaining about them, but if you’re in a hurry you don’t want to wait for a service that can be slow.

1 Like

Don’t figure on using DME. It picks up 3 to 3.5 hours before your flight. For our 6:30 am flight (painful since we booked as a 2:30 pm one) we are being picked up by DME at 3:10 am.

3 Likes

It might work (Ubering, not using DME), but do you want the last experience of your trip to be riddled with anxiety and a feeling you need to rush? I would be afraid it would take away some the joy of the experience.

Since DME would likely want to pick you up at 8:30 or 9 at BWV, you might just want to find something on the Boardwalk to enjoy for your final morning.

ETA: Or…any chance you could book a later flight?

1 Like

Also, your flight is at noon but when will your boarding time be? Lately my boarding time has been about 45 minutes before the flight is scheduled to take off.

Tragical is going to want to pick you up probably at 9.

Not possible

And no to the leaving from other resorts too.

Even with the Uber option you’re cutting this way too close on Christmas Eve

3 Likes

Ah. The voice of reason (@OBNurseNH should be worried). You are absolutely right. I was excited to score the ADR but it would mean a lot of rushing around.

We are trying not to do a later flight so as to get home at a reasonable time to pick up the pup and prepare for Christmas Day.

2 Likes

Thank you. I think you are totally right.

1 Like

Ugh. Yes. And it’s SW so I’m already gonna want to be rope dropping that line!!

A 7am would work though, if you use the Uber option especially (but be aware of that being busy and having surge pricing re: Christmas Eve!). Keep at it!

3 Likes

I forgot how crazy early they want to pick you up. DD17 has all the feels about DME going away so we’ll probably take it anyway. My Topo/Uber plan would probably upset her.

2 Likes

You could probably make it by Ubering to RR and checking bags there and then ubering to the airport with precheck. The real issue is probably going to be checking your bags at the airport. Those lines can be horrendous. I don’t think I would risk it personally. Also I’ve seen several people report long waits to be seated at Topolinos. I personally waited about 20 minutes past my reservation time. Put it in reservation finder a keep checking and hopefully you can move it earlier. Also you can always ship souvenirs home if you want to do carryon only.

1 Like

I didn’t think this service had returned yet?

2 Likes

With SW I find it more stressful to find overhead bin space than to just check my free bags. That said, I hate baggage claim at MCO. We are experts at carry on only (10 days in Italy with teenagers and only carry ons!) so I may still go that route.

1 Like

It has not. I’m wondering if it every will. Skimpflation.

1 Like

OMG did you see that DisUnplugged Off the Rails episode? Or the Today show segment?

I just meant checking as in having bell services hold them for your meal.

2 Likes

Oof, I hadn’t thought of this. Our return flight is at 6:25 am. I feel like I just had the wind knocked out of me lol.

1 Like