Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

Interesting article about the ride. Hagrid Ride Probably Not Ready Enough to Plan Your Vacation Around – Orlando ParkStop

I could cry honestly.

180 min posted wait at 11.45.

Closed again. So it opened then offline, back open and offline again. I think the best I can hope for is to use the alert and hope I’m near the attraction.

3 Likes

Yes I’m going to do the same I think.

I think the black dots are observed wait time when it was up. The pink line between black dots is likely downtime.

@brerbeer thank you for the link to that interesting/reality-check article. I’ll use the alert but I’m putting Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure in the “nice bonus if it happens” category for our trip, along with Characterpalooza. One of the VIP tours starts to look tempting, but for four of us on any of our dates a 1 park IOA VIP tour is over $1000 US.

Oh I think you’re right. Well observed!

12.36 back up with a 180 min posted wait.

Perhaps. @Jeff_AZ had said that the pink line was observed wait times, so I just assumed he was correct in that.

I assume he’s correct too but that only the black dots on the pink line are observed, and that in between there were no observations because it was down so the line’s an artefact of connecting the times with actual waits. The main reason I interpreted it that way was comparing it to the other sites’s wait time graphs, which seem to show 0 wait time when it’s down and those 0 wait time intervals sync up with the pink line with no dots. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

It’s currently 12:51 and the app is showing 180 mins.

I’ve now booked two VIP tours for my trip: one this week, one next. I’m gambling many $$$ that I’ll get at least one ride. Will be somewhat traumatised if I don’t.

2 Likes

You sound MUCH more knowledgeable, so I’ll take your word for it! :laughing:

1 Like

That would be really really sad if you didn’t get to ride on at least one of the VIP tours. I hope you get to ride it on both!

@rebeecky, :laughing: if only I could actually predict when it will be open and how long the wait will be when we’re there!

1 Like

2.10 it’s down to a 120 min posted wait! Now that’s doable…if it stays running.

2 Likes

I hope so, too!

I’ve just seen someone post on Facebook that they were on a VIP tour and go to ride Hagrid, so I know it’s a thing. Just whether the ride is running that day.

I have two VIP shots at it, plus I’ve allocated a partial third day (as a regular visitor!) to give it another go if necessary or desired.

3 Likes

Yes this. It could be that there were just no observations, but likely down time.

1 Like

Was it really closed all day yesterday? I don’t see any data either at TP or on the queue times site.

Edit: Just read the article linked above and it says it was indeed closed all day yesterday.

Oooh. Then what I actually hope is that on top of it being operational on both your VIP tours it’s so good that you’re motivated to experience it as a regular visitor too. And then you can share tips with the rest of us plebians.

2 Likes

They had a sign outside the entrance saying it wouldn’t be operational, I’m not sure if it was there from park open or not.

180 mins at 3.10.

Back down to 120 mins at 4.10.

1 Like

One of the “disadvantages” of the VIP tour is that they take you directly to the front of the line. Which means you miss the line and all the theming. So there is some “benefit” to joining the regular line to get the full experience.

This is similar to the “disadvantage” of having an FPP for FOP. You miss a pretty nicely themed line, including the lab. That’s one of the reasons I booked DAH at AK again, so that I could explore the regular line, albeit pretty much alone rather than in a two hour line.

4 Likes

5.25 it’s at capacity. I wonder if it will open again later if people get sick of waiting and leave the queue. Not sure how long it’s been at capacity, it was open at 4.10.

2 Likes

At 6:57 I see that it was reported offline. Is it marked in the app if it’s at capacity?