TPs Off Now; DS Wants to Go Watch Rocket Launch

It really is a memorable experience. You’re still a mile away but I remember the ground shaking; and the layers of contrails were an interesting and beautiful thing we didn’t expect. DH was surprised at the sound of the engines, they roared but had a noticeable sputter, too. We all remember it like it was yesterday.

Oh, and they had beer. It was one big party at KSC. And it took about four hours to get back because of the traffic jam. I doubt the traffic would be that way now but we soon figured out why the smart visitors were tailgating in the parking lot after the launch!

3 Likes

We are planning to tour KSC the day we go to the launch, regardless if it launches. Now that seems much more appealing than 4 hours of traffic!

Sounds like we should bring some food, maybe fruit, lunch meat, and cheese.

I don’t know if the Space X et al launches draw the same kind of crowd. Maybe look around and see if there’s a stampede for the parking lot exit after the launch. If there is, it’s probably not going to be so bad. If people are kicking back in their folding chairs, well… there might be a reason for that!

1 Like