I don’t know if this is okay to ask. Is this TMI?? I feel needy, but I would love any input you lovely folks would be willing to give!!
Some preliminary information:
- We’re staying off-site, about a 20 min drive
- We will be RD-ing every day
- “We” are me, my DH, 20 y.o., 15 y.o., and 6.5 y.o.
- The 20 y.o. had hip replacement in August–he can walk ok, but minimizing walking will make him happier (and me, too, honestly. I’m older and fatter than I was when we went 8 years ago!).
- I’m a type-A, RD to fireworks kind of gal. My family will trustingly follow me off a cliff. I’m trying to balance all of us wanting to see EVERYTHING TWICE with not killing us. Thus, the plans only include the backtracking I thought was really necessary.
- We are driving in from Ohio. On park hopping days we will pay for the closer parking. Some of us may ride the bus, to minimize walking (thanks to a tip from a different post).
- I am also cheap, so we will eat breakfast at ‘home’ and pack lunches. CS for snacks and dinner.
Without further ado:
Thurs: arrive at Airbnb, grocery shop, get to bed early!
Fri 1/18: MK
arrive 8am to RD at MK (though there are EMH that morning): https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3431523
[Note: I have us trying to get on 7DMT towards the end of the day, but thought we could just see about the wait times/FPP availability/desire on the fly. It seems like we have time to wait that day, but we’re also RD-ing it on Mon, so if we miss it here, so be it.]
arrive 7:45am to RD Frozen first, then Soarin’, and the the TP: https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3451955
Sun: day off
Mon: MK a.m., AK p.m.
arrive 7:45 to RD at MK and hopefully get on 7 Dwarfs, then TP: https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3431535
arrive at AK ~1:30: https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3430757
Tues: AK a.m., HS p.m.
Arrive 7:45 to RD at AK to hopefully RD FoP & NRJ, then: https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3451471
[*Note: I’m not sure how committed we are to the Exploration Trail or Jungle Trek. I’ve been on actual safari in Africa, and we have a pretty amazing zoo. I don’t remember being all that impressed, honestly.]
Arrive at HS ~2:30pm: https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3452049
Weds: HS all day
Thurs: TBD depending on family interests. DH wants to end the trip with MK fireworks–he’s a sweet, sweet, sap.