TP Website Redesign - New Park Icons

agree

I think this is a problem. The only symbol that people that have never been to Universal would potentially identify is the compass?

Has the Lighthouse been used in marketing?

3 Likes

…mmm nope. That’s bait right there. :rofl:

In all seriousness, not that I’ve seen? It’s always the compass or the globe. For a quick second, I though the arch above was referring to Hollywood Studios, but then figured there wouldn’t be 2 icons for that and remembered US uses something like that as well. Which is why I thought it was fine and functional, though not ideal.

1 Like

Also, as I mentioned above, we’re looking at these designs “cold”. No context and no explanations.

There might be a definite intention for why they look they way they do. If Rob would like to share that, I know I’d love to hear it

I immediately knew MK, DHS, and AK but had to stop and think to identify Epcot. I don’t think its clear that is what it is. If I saw it in isolation, I’d have no idea. Maybe add more triangles to make it look more like Spaceship Earth?

2 Likes

Can someone explain the IOA icon in the first post?

As far as I can tell, there isn’t one.

It is not that gone with the line through it?

That’s a Universal Studios globe. But the globe is in front of USF, not IOA.

The green circle with the bar looks a bit like the flag of Brazil

2 Likes

I understand the globe is in front of US but what is the plank across it?

It it because it is the port?

I am guessing it refers to the text “Universal” that spins around it at an angle?

As I said originally, it is all a bit too abstract.

1 Like

Ohhhh i get it.

They’re inverted.

I thought it was the Imagination pavilion. I didn’t get SE at all.

1 Like

I agree with this 100%.
(Unless it is a copyright or trademark issue?)

1 Like

You are correct.

3 Likes

Agree. My first thought was that these are very busy for little icons mostly because the backgrounds have detail that distracts from the main icon, and all of it (the overall circle and the picture inside) lack borders. I agree a plainer background, or maybe a circle border so it looks more set off and not so flat. (I am a person that really disliked when Apple switched to flat buttons, or how the only way to differentiate what is selected on TVs nowadays is a very subtle highlight rather than a light up border.)

If these are for TP or Lines app, perhaps color coordinate the color used for background/overall icon color scheme or border with the plans for that specific park on Lines (purple for MK, blue for Epcot). It would reinforce your overall design and make the user experience more uniform.

3 Likes

SOMETIMES A LIGHTHOUSE IS JUST A LIGHTHOUSE.

Y’all are cracking me up.

9 Likes

right right, sure sure.

1 Like

Latest version of icons, incoroporating some feedback.

14 Likes