TP Website Redesign - New Park Icons

I think the AK icon has too much blue in it. I think it should have more green.

The EC one needs a full redo.

Also in general I just don’t like the color palette.

The DCL one is great though :rofl:

1 Like

Correct. But those 2 “Landmarks” at USF are the best at giving the Universal Orlando “theming”. The Tower at IOA isn’t so great, especially making the shape of the tower clip art. :grimacing:

I wonder if Len purposefully has 2 USF images and no IOA. It’s possible that he doesn’t need to differentiate. One possible solution is the Hogwarts Castle image to represent IOA…

3 Likes

Hmm…are you concerned about a Figment Magic Band moment?

3 Likes

oh… I now see this too

Based on the comments I have seen so far, I would add a 2-3 letter acronym to the icons that helps clarify. I would add them as a Watermark overtop of the icons in a subtly lighter/darker color so you could still see the full icon, but can quickly figure out the park.

2 Likes

Yikes :grimacing:

trying to find a constructive way…LOL

1 Like

It’s a little busy but I get what you’re after and I like it on the whole

2 Likes

I think having the text transparent doesn’t work, but I think that having the text could help. Even just some version of a black, even though it hides part of the image, would help.

My only concern with the two letter abbreviations is, again, it is common for the average liner to know them by those letters, but not necessarily everyone else.

1 Like

I feel like the Epcot one needs a border around SE; it looks like a white center with a colored ring but doesn’t evoke the shape of the structure unless you really stare hard. I do enjoy the color palette here, kinda feels a little summery to me.

3 Likes

I like the watermark but it could be much smaller and in a corner to help us ID the park

On the positive side, HS,AK, DCA, DCL are instantly recognizable, so they work for me.

I can see there being problems with the MK versus DLR. Not sure most people will know that the height of the castle is the differentiator between the two parks.

Not sure if the two Universal icons are trying to represent universal Hollywood versus universal Florida or IOA versus USF. The arch and the globe are both iconic for USF, but not really for IOA. I think Universal uses the lighthouse or compass or the iconic track from hulk to designate the other park. You will also be needing another icon soon with Epic Adventure.

1 Like

True confession here- I have read all the comments and I still cannot see the EP representation . I hope @thrasher543’s suggestion would help.

For the Universal symbols I recognized the US but could you replace the IOA with some version of Port of Entry (if that is what the picture is, I apologize).

3 Likes

It took me a wicked long time too.

The whole white space is spaceship earth with the blue thingies being the supports. The triangles are just the bumpy parts of the golfball

1 Like

I guess the globe could represent Universal Orlando as a whole. Because this globe was installed when they expanded and IOA opened. But it is right in front of the USF park entrance. The archway is a good classic image of USF.

For IOA, a shape like Pharos Lighthouse

or Hogwarts Castle??

3 Likes

I don’t know how many people immediately know the Hogwarts castle is IOA. The Lighthouse is definitely IOA…but a lighthouse in and of itself is so generic we could be talking about a trip to Cape Cod or something! :grin:

1 Like

The lighthouse would mean absolutely nothing to me

2 Likes

Yeah. Agreed.

The official website uses the compass rose with the IOA text over it. But there is already a compass rose for DCA I guess? (which, to me, is also meaningless).

1 Like

Good points. Yeah I had thought about the compass logo too, but the whole park name is always attached to it… :thinking:

1 Like

There may be a trademarking issue with using that