TP veterans - do you trust a travel agent to get your FPP?

Do you trust an agent to get your FPPs? How does that work? Surely they have more than 1 client to get FPP for on any given day? I am so nervous but would love to give up that responsibility! Curious because this is a last minute trip for which I have a LOT of reading to do in order to update myself on all the park changes. Thanks!

Nope! Too many contingencies and moving parts.

ETA: I donā€™t even trust my DH to make FPP :rofl:

9 Likes

Thanks for your input! I have friends who let agents decide their fate but they arenā€™t TP addicts! I bought the 2020 unofficial guide and have started updating myself. I donā€™t think I can give up that responsibility!

1 Like

:rofl: on the update :joy:

1 Like

No way would I let a TA book my FPs.

3 Likes

My travel agent books my ADRs but I do my own fastpasses. I understand that some travel agents will book fastpasses as well, but that wasnā€™t an option with mine. Iā€™m not sure what I would have done if she offered to do the fastpasses. Sheā€™s awesome at getting ADRs, but I might want to have more control over the fastpass selection.

2 Likes

Thanks @davej and @paulasc - thatā€™s what I figured. I just needed to hear it! I will let her do the ADR and keep the FPP scheduling to my type A, obsessive, self :wink: Appreciate the feedback.

It depends on your TA and the relationship you have with them.

Certainly I would say that most Liners would be more than capable to do it and would probably prefer to retain that control. But if the timing of your FPP were inconvenient or if you werenā€™t as seasoned and not sure how to approach it, using your TAā€™s services in this way would be perfect (provided they provide this service - not all do).

That being said, the ability for your TA to make FPP plans for you that are to your liking is largely dependent on good communication and the establishment of a plan in advance of FPP day, to include them confirming they are able to log into your MDE account. You would need to indicate your preferences as well as contingencies for when alternatives are necessary And you should feel free to ask if they have other clients for whom they would need to be booking on your FPP day - they may, but they may not and that will depend a lot on the volume of clientele they are serving.

All this to say, itā€™s worth having a conversation over. If you can have a good relationship, clear communication, and trust in your TA, itā€™s a great way to utilize the free service they provide!

2 Likes

We are a group of 12, with 3 different families having their own reservations. All 12 of us are linked in My Disney Experience as ā€˜Friends and Familyā€™ for the Photo Pass. Can 1 person make FPP for the whole group?

Our TA has offered to do this for us, but I like the idea of doing this myself in case our preferred rides & times are not available. But I also didnā€™t know if I would be able to make FPP for the other 8 people if they were not on my reservation?

Thanks

1 Like

Great points @OB, thanks! I contacted an agent suggested by the unofficial guide and am hoping to get a conversation in after the transfer is made (I already paid the deposit for my booking and grabbed flights). I donā€™t have a relationship yet, but Iā€™m hoping to have a great experience and build one! @Hutington - hoping someone can help guide you.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a veteran but I wouldnā€™t trust my fastpasses to anyone!

2 Likes

I used a TA for my last trip before I found this forum. The main reason is I was so scared. They got all my ADRs and FPP - I gave very explicit instructions. With young kids it would have been hard for me jump on and book without distractions so it worked out. But next time I wonā€™t be using one.

3 Likes

You can make FP for them, you just need to make sure you are linked for ā€œall plansā€ as well as photopass!

Absolutely no way. You need to do so many adjustments on the fly.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

No way. I have to do that myself.

1 Like

Trust a travel agent??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Iā€™m a Liner - I trust no one with my precious travel plans. (Nassty nassty travel agentses, wants to mess with The Preciousā€¦)

7 Likes

There are probably plenty of liners that would help you or as much as everyone gets a thrill out of planning you may even convince a liner to just book them for you. Ha

1 Like

Heck no. Thatā€™s like letting someone else pack your clothes for you, too personal!!!

2 Likes

My last Disney trip was a girlā€™s trip with two other women who had never been to Disney. My FPP time was happening while I was on an overseas flight, so I asked my TA for help. (She did my FPP for our first trip over 10 years ago but Iā€™ve done them ever since.) Because I had already done the planning, I just gave her my spreadsheet. She got most of the things we wanted and I used fp4me to keep an eye on things I wanted to move around.

While on the trip, one of my girlfriends booked a bounceback which my TA booked, and the TA has handled everything for her - dining and FP. My friend gave her full control since it is her second trip ever and her first with younger kids.

1 Like