TP half day at MK for returners and newbies

Need TP suggestions. Traveling to DW on January 17, 2018. 3 of the adults have been to DW many times and love to do it all. The rest are 1st timers with a 6 and 8 year old girls. What TP would you recommend if we would arrive at MK on the first day about 1 PM and it closes at 10 PM? I should also say we plan to return to MK for a full day a few days later.

I would recommend focusing on two lands in Magic Kingdom on that first day, as well as trying to watch the parade and the fireworks. We always plan to go to MK on our arrival day and usually don’t get into the parks until early afternoon. We use a fast pass for Meet Mickey in Town Square right when we arrive and then try to snag FP for some top attractions…Big Thunder, 7 Dwarfs, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Buzz Lightyear, etc. We spend the rest of our time filling in with rides that don’t typically have long waits (People Mover, Carousel, Mickey’s Philharmagic, etc) and try to get extra fast passes once we use our first three.

I would also recommend doing a dinner in the park rather than leaving. I’ve always believed that adrenaline gets me through on that first day and I worry that if we leave the park for dinner with the intention of coming back that we won’t actually have the energy post dinner to go back into the park.

Thank you Gnatjo!