TP emailed new hours for June dates

I am seriously considering paying the $10 on MouseDining so I can have more than the 2 currently have set, and receive text.
The free version only notifies by email.

1 Like

Just seen this, hours extended during the summer. An extra 4 hours in MK, 3 hours in AK. Still the late start in Epcot but evening hours extended.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/operating-hours/news/09apr2021-walt-disney-world-get-a-big-boost-to-operating-hours-for-the-summer.htm

2 Likes

I didn’t see the TP email about hours when it first came, but as soon as I did I immediately went to check park availability hoping to get a second HS day. The calendar showed nothing, but when I tried about 30 minutes ago to reserve the park for our still empty day (May 16) I got a reservation! So, I guess the lesson is the calendar isn’t always accurate.

2 Likes

I just did it! I put my dinner CRT and BOG in TP. I couldn’t find yak & Yeti for our AK day or toppilinos terrace at all for breakfast. So I have tried to grab those too with mouse finder

3 Likes

I did not get any emails for my June days and I just checked. I am tracking them?

MK for 5/31 (Memorial Day!) moved opening from 9am to 8am and closing from 6pm to 9pm. I updated my TP from 8:15am-1pm to 7:15am-1pm, optimized, and my wait times got crazy low. (I don’t think I had any free time previously, and it was now over 2 hours.) They have it as a crowd level 3. Can this all possibly be right? I mean, :heart_eyes: but this seems to good to be true!

1 Like

If you email and ask TP nicely they will increase it to 5.

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m planning for big crowds on Memorial Day and will be pleasantly surprised if it’s not. We are being very realistic about what we can accomplish on any one day, hence why we are staying for two weeks this time.

2 Likes

This is what I’m hoping for too. Those nights are my favorite!

When they open an hour earlier it makes a big difference. People are not willing to get up that early.

2 Likes

I’m debating if that negates the need to try to Uber and MO breakfast at GF and just park at TTC instead? :thinking: (We’re staying offsite and will have a car.)

1 Like

I think they don’t even open mobile order till 7am and you definitely won’t have time to eat with an 8am opening.
So yeah I’d just go TTC honestly. You might not be first but walking over from GF is going to take 20 min so you might as well take the boat or monorail from TTC. The contemporary you might be able to beat the TTC crowd but you won’t be able to eat still and I just don’t know if it’s worth it.

1 Like

Well, Gasparilla Grill opens at 6am so I assume that’s when their MO opens? I was just going to order drinks and pastries so only 10 min to eat.

But agreed, I don’t know if it’s worth it.

We have two mornings planned at MK. We might go TTC the first one, and depending on how that goes decide if we want to attempt the GF angle for the second morning.

6am would be doable I’d think. I could still see doing that. When I stayed at BLT I think I was able to get breakfast too at Contempo with mobile order (I just did so we could eat since we were staying there) but I think it wasn’t ready till 6:30 am or something and we had to scarf it.

1 Like

What time do the new ADRs usually drop? Should I be expecting 3:30 am text alerts for all my MK alerts? I’m wondering if I should set an alarm just in case. No way I would wake up without it.

1 Like

I’d appreciate a TP post (after you lockdown all your new ADR’s)

1 Like

I missed my AK alerts for Yak & Yeti dinner the night before last. I don’t want that to happen again!

Ok, I just read the find print on the TP email announcing the hour changes. So I guess I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop with the related crowd level updates?

“Most updates to crowd levels are the result of unexpected changes in park hours. When those happen, crowd level updates are made after park hour changes–it generally takes us a week or two to perform that analysis, and there may or may not be changes for your travel dates.”

1 Like

Yes I think we should be waiting for our dates. However, the key is that it says “unexpected” changes in hours. TP has had “placeholder” hours for May/June for months that were closer to what was just announced than the purported “official” hours that Disney had in place up until last week. I don’t think anything unexpected has happened per se. So it’s possible there will be minimal changes to crowd levels based on that update. Changes will come for other reasons. (Like observed wait times in Spring Break, etc.)

1 Like