TP allotment for bathrooms, taking pix, etc

Your picture rules are the best!!:rofl:

The only actual breaks I schedule are where we’ll buy snacks, in which case the family can use the restroom if necessary while I’m dealing with the food. I also set the walking pace to relaxed and have a couple of filler attractions we can skip if we need to. My DH is prone to wandering off unannounced, it’s a very annoying habit but we’ve learned to ignore him- he has the eerie ability to catch up without a problem. I don’t know how he does it.

I myself don’t take bathroom breaks except at our noon TS and the resort. It’s a trick I learned from a tour guide in Cancun, who had to keep an eye on everyone else all the time.

2 Likes

What’s your trick? Stadium gal? Just hold it? I need to know. :rofl:

1 Like

Hah!, Surgeons learn to hold it. No taking time out for a potty break.
But what I do now is make sure I am very well-hydrated in the morning when I get up. This is the mistake my kids make- they leap out of bed (late, usually) down a cup of coffee and think they’re ready to go. I drink several glasses of water when I get up (pro tip: make sure you pee clear once a day)

After breakfast, I’ll go again and then that’s it. I don’t lug water around with me, either, unless it’s very hot. Americans are nuts about water. People in other countries are not so obsessed with it as we are. I’m also blessed with a well-trained bladder. :wink:

When we sit down at lunch, I again take the opportunity to hydrate, and then again at dinner.

One’s body is very good at absorbing water, the problem is, we start out the day in a depleted state, having gone all night with nothing. That’s the real problem. Also, when my kids were little we were very careful to have plenty of water on hand.

1 Like

I let our youngest know that we would stop for a break anytime he spoke up within reason. He is not a complainer, but he did speak up the first day right before a scheduled lunch, so I immediately stopped, and gave him the option of a shoulder ride to our planned lunch, or the closest QS. I did this to let him know I meant it when I said we would stop. Plus, little legs get tired faster than big legs. So, our lunch sucked, but he was happy with his kid’s meal, and he felt a little bity like he got to control something, and I think it worked out for the best. (Just proving that I’m not as rigid as my previous post may make it seem.)

I’m also a big proponent of keeping track of proper nutrition in WDW. You will see kids having sugar crashes left and right all around you. Treats and snack are great. But ice cream at 9am just because your kid wants ice cream doesn’t seem like a great way to set up a successful day, imo. Likewise for filling them up with treats just before a meal and wondering why they won’t eat. I’ve noticed an eerie occurrence: when the kids are hungry, if we go to restaurant, they sit down and eat!!! It’s quite amazing.:thinking:

Good luck!
(I bet the one who is a night owl might be the first one to hit the sack at the end of the day. Walking and having excitement in the warm sun might tire everyone out. Also, swimming pools are great for sleep disorders, imo. Get a quick swim in before bed.)

3 Likes

The problem is the “downing a cup of coffee” (or, in my case, a Dt. Coke or Dt. Mt. Dew.)

Caffeine is a diuretic. As such, it will cause your body to have to pee a lot.

By drinking water, your body absorbs the water, but there is no diuretic that forces it through you, so you can go much longer.

This leaves many of us in a pickle. I get up and skip the caffeine so that I don’t have to use the restroom…but then, I end up tired and cranky with a headache due to caffeine withdrawal…OR I consume the caffeine immediately, jump-start my system, go to the restroom several times, then I’m good for the rest of the day! :wink:

1 Like

Not that I’m a proponent of too many sweets, but actually, ice cream would make a pretty decent way to start the day. It has a well-balanced blend of fat, protein, and carbs. It won’t cause a blood-sugar spike due to the fat content, and has at least some protein to keep one satisfied for a little while. No fiber, of course. Not perfect.

Regardless, I think your point is still valid.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s big problem! It also depends on how much coffee one drinks.

I drink so much and so often that my caffeine receptors are permanently down-regulated. :rofl: I can drink it in the evenings with no problem- another side effect of the job. To my knowledge I’ve never had caffeine withdrawal but my family might disagree with that statement.

If I don’t have caffeine, I’ll have a headache by noon, without exception. It is a bad situation to be in. I’ve tried to reduce my caffeine consumption, but have never gone so far as to wean myself from it completely. I should, perhaps. But, well…I don’t want to! :smiley:

2 Likes

Does ice cream that looks like real food count? One day we stumbled upon a restaurant in downtown London and everything looked so appetizing- only once we were seated did we realize everything was ice cream- hamburgers of ice cream, fish and chips of ice cream, all of it. It was the most amazing find!

4 Likes

Um. No. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re a more responsible parent than I am.

1 Like

You poor thing…you asked about allowing for breaks in your touring plans and we have turned this into why and how to control ones bladder.

3 Likes

No worries. Makes me think of…SQUIRREL…from Up! LOL. It’s all good.

1 Like

:smiley:

Counteracted by the extra oxygen I think they must pump into the air at WDW … it seem I’m never tired at WDW … can go rope drop to closing and then back to rope drop again. Little ones, however, put a crimp on my style last trip.

1 Like

Add in “breaks of 10 minutes” in your touring plan every 2 hours to account for washroom breaks, stopping to take photos, have a drink/snack etc.

2 Likes

Last year we had short trip and I was determined to get everything in I could since it was my DD first time being old enough to remember. I scheduled one break in the am, lunch and then one in the pm. We always leave around dinner so none needed after that. I think I had one TP set on relaxed and one on average and flipped back between the two. My DD6 was fine, she was so excited she must have held her bladder the entire time. What I didn’t account for was my DS and DH wanting a snack…all…the…time! Finally I was like for the LOVE OF GOD Dude why are you so hungry all the time! And i packed snacks, well apparently not enough or anything he wanted. He would literally look at me like I had 5 heads when I showed him the snacks we had in the backpack. And then proceed to get a donut, smoothie or ice cream.

This trip coming up it’s just me and my dd and I can’t wait, she eats like a bird so we won’t be nagging me for a snack all the time…i hope!

1 Like

@koolaid this is my DH too. Always snacking. The $10 popcorn bucket with $2 refills last year really helped.

We should have done that! I am considering it for our Sept trip for DD, she can eat her weight in popcorn! Her and I ate an entire medium bucket of popcorn at the movies last week…and that was right after lunch!
Just don’t know if I want to carry a popcorn bucket around the entire time since it will just be me and her.

1 Like