Toyko Dining or Teppan Edo

Our ADR window is coming up this Thursday and we are seeking your opinion on these two for lunch (no dining plan). Other than the local Hibachi restaurant around the corner, we have limited experience with Japanese cuisine.

So give us the good, the bad and the ugly on your past experiences. If you been to both, which did you like best? What was your favorite food, what food didn’t you like? Thanks in advance.

We do Teppan Edo every trip. We each pick a meal to do and my teenage DS picks this every time. He loves Hibachi style food and enjoys the chefs there. He also is obsessed with Japanese candy in the pavilion. We also have a local Hibachi restaurant that we visit sometimes which is quite similar but he loves TE. I’ve never been to Tokyo Dining though.

1 Like

Our family really liked Teppan Edo…interactive, great chef, good food. Had a great time.

1 Like

Teppan Edo has good food and a nice “show” - but I have at least 3 teppanyaki restaurants in my home town that are every bit as good and considerably less expensive. For that reason I don’t used limited Disney dining experiences to go there. Tokyo Dining has excellent sushi and sashimi (it’s kind of their flagship). The tempura is also very good; these are the only things I’ve had there. If I felt the need for Japanese food in EP, I would go with TD over TE.

1 Like