Toy Story movies

Okay? How am I just now finding out that Keanu Reeves voiced Duke Caboom?

Such poor casting. That dude can drive.

2 Likes

I think 3 is so so funny, only part I didn’t like was the incinerator. The ending made me bawl. In that happy way :slight_smile:

2 Because it introduces Jessie and Bullseye

1 because I like it better than 4

4 while I like Bo Peeps character, my kids and I didn’t like all the new toys Introduced when we had a great group of toys already. Jessie, Slinky and the gang were hardly in it. Still great just not our favorite.

My order: 3, 2, 1, 4
My 4 kids (10 and under):2, 1, 3, 4

Fun post-thanks for the distraction!

1 Like

2, 4, 1, 3. I know 4 doesn’t get a lot of love but I thought it was hilarious. I think our family was the most annoying family in the theater that day.

1 Like

I like them in order, with 2 being really close to 1. I like that 2 has a little bit of where Woody came from, and that it introduced Jessie. I felt sad when I watched 3, and the end really makes me sad, but I’m not a real big fan of 4.

4 Likes

I’ve seen the first 3 too many times since my oldest DD wanted to watch the “Toy Story marathon” every time it came on tv for the weekend (which seemed to be about once a month on ABCFamily/Freeform or whatever). That said, I’m not sure which one I like best, but I didn’t like TS4. It felt like the characters had different personalities or something I can’t quite put my finger on. I thought Forky was annoying, and darn it, he should’ve been named Sporky. :laughing: ok, rant over.

6 Likes

I knew I liked you, @sanstitre_has_left_the_building.

2 Likes

@ryan1 I don’t see it as a change of character. I see it as the typical underestimation of women. We’re ignored and taken for granted, but we are strong and have our own stories to tell too. Just because she wasn’t the center of attention doesn’t mean she can’t have her own narrative.

1 Like

I strongly disliked Bo Peep. Seemed like an angry woman. Bitter or something.

2 Likes

I’m hope you don’t feel ignored and taken for granted. :broken_heart:

1 Like

Strong and angry are not the same, but are often conflated. Bo Peep took control of her own life. Strange to be talking about the life of a toy… The premise of the Toy Story movies is a little strange. Like, toys live for being played with by kids? That’s what makes them happy?

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

1, 3, 2…tried to watch 4, but couldn’t “get into it”

3 Likes

It takes a few tries. The first few watches my kids watched but I was doing other things and only caught bits and pieces. I like it, but it’s a little sad.

Well yeah.
Just like eating vegetables makes them happy.

1 Like

I think I’d go with 1, 2 and 3. Yeah 3 was grim but it ended with new hope and renewal. (At least for the good guys who don’t smell like strawberries).

But 4?
Aside from Forky being flat out annoying, the basic message is “kids are optional, best friends are optional, stuff happens, get over it and move on.”
So… the last 3 movies… what was the point of this franchise again?
Guess he could’ve gone to that museum after all.

3 Likes

To sell toys :smile:

Throw out those old toys and buy new stuff!

1 Like

OK I’ll fall for Duke Kaboom for Canadian content…
and c’mon in fairness who doesn’t need a strawberry-scented villain?

1 Like