Tower of Terror- How bad is it really?

It’s one of those rides that I have never been able to psych myself up to go on, and no one in my family has any interest so I couldn’t say “I’ll go if you go”. I loathe that falling feeling, but I have heard some people say it’s not that bad and more fun than anything…

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan, but I’ll do it. I, however, LOVED Guardians of the Galaxy in Disneyland. The falling didn’t feel so scary, because the atmosphere was fun instead of already scary, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, despite being a roller coaster enthusiast, the “falling feeling” is something I don’t tend to enjoy.

But ToT is in a class all by itself. Best drop tower ride in the world, IMO. Because it isn’t just about falling. It is a complete experience…and one that is unique almost every single time.

You WILL get the falling feeling, for sure…but because it kind of takes you down, up, down up, repeatedly, and without any pattern, you kind of quickly forget about it.

While I know not everyone who goes on it will come off it if liking it, necessarily, I think more people avoid it thinking it will be scarier than it is.

5 Likes

Like @ryan1, I love coasters but am not the biggest fan of freefall. It is undeniably a really fun ride though. And I wouldn’t ever describe it as scary. I’d describe it as making my stomach feel funny. There’s more to the ride than the drops though. I always come off laughing and exhilarated.

1 Like

I HATE tower drop rides and it took three trips to finally give it a try - only because I love the Twilight Zone. I had to go alone and was terrified but ended up loving it - the drop portion isn’t that bad at all. Looking forward to going on it with my husband on our kids free trip coming up in June!

I’ll echo what others have said. Love coasters. Not a huge fan of free falling. ToT has fantastic theming which makes it worth at least one ride. I’ve been on it once with my son but skipped it our last trip.

I’m probably not the person to ask because it is one of my favorite rides. It’s different every time you ride. Love it.
It took my DS many years to finally decide to ride it and now he loves it too.

3 Likes

I usually hate drop rides; tend to skip them at all other parks. BUT on my last trip, (20 years ago) TOT was my favorite ride. Even more than the coasters I usually love. The theming is so well done, that the drop is somehow awesome.

1 Like

I simply LOVE ToT and so does my wife and our 7 yo son. It’s totally awesome !!! :smiley:

2 Likes

totally agree!

You know you’ve GOT to try it now right? You just gotta!

2 Likes

I MADE myself ride it in October because I’d always been too scared. It was so fun and I can’t wait to ride it again in 2 weeks!

3 Likes

ToT freaks me out. GOTG in DLR is my favorite ride ever.

Go figure.

Something about presentation I guess

1 Like

As a California gal, one of the reasons I am looking forward to my May visit to WDW is so I can ride TOT. Rode the new Guardians of the Galaxy version at DCA. Loved the sudden lifts and drops, but HATED the new theming. I miss the decaying Old Hollywood Hotel/Twilight Zone theme, and can’t wait to experience it again at HS. It’s my favorite thrill ride at HS. RnRC was too short and jerky, but this time I’ll give it another chance.

1 Like

Noooooooooooooooo.
In GOTG Mission: Breakout Gamora is still alive!!!

1 Like

Maybe that’s why the new version of ToT at DCA doesn’t work for me…I have no idea who Gamora is! Lol

ToT is really in a class of it’s own. I’m not a big fan of the traditional drop rides, but the fact that you are in more of an enclosed space (a falling elevator) makes it less scary but more thrilling (if that makes any sense). Definitely worth doing at least once, as you may very well find that it is one of your new favorites.

1 Like

It is one of three things I would go to Studios for (Fantasmic and Muppet Vision being the other two) if it wouldn’t take so much time out of my day to hop there. Everything else makes Studios a hard pass for me.

2 Likes

If you don’t get a stupid grin on your face just THINKING about those doors FLYING open to sunshine and a .000004 second view of the park before the drops start, you are dead inside.

LOVE TOT!!!

6 Likes

Yeah… maybe…
:anguished: