TouringPlans Travel Agency

While creating the travel agency would it be worth it to create a private tour guide company. Seems like the prices Disney charges for those that there is more money to make in that. With all the knowledge and planning that seems like a no brainer. I mean plenty of us would gladly spend weeks at Disney directing people around so they enjoyed every moment of their trip.

1 Like

The problem with that is the biggest selling point of the tours is that they get you basically front of line access. A private tour won’t do that.

I understand what you are saying but the difference between $450 an hour times 6 hours for front of the line ($2700) and maybe $500- $1000 for a perfect balanced day with slight waits might be worth it to a lot of people

I agree. Especially for the people who are new to WDW.

1 Like

@Brian
I know post 3 was mine and I still stand behind it. That being said I regret the fact that adding “Travel” to the banner removed the “Forum” link. I think Travel belongs on the banner but can we please get the forum link back up there? I like the addition of the TP Travel to the Dashboard but it seems to be completely out of balance with the dashboard as a whole. Maybe I am in the minority but it’s kind of off putting to me visually. I had envisioned something like crowd tracker or reservation finder box when I first thought of it. Just my thoughts and opinions though

2 Likes

@Brian, I looked last night but I cannot find the information anywhere. Is there a list and contact information for the Touring Plans agents?

1 Like

I am linking my experience booking

Lol- Michelle’s husband’s podcast is “rope drop radio” and her favorite thing is rope drop :grinning:

2 Likes

I started laughing when I read that in Michelle’s favorite things too.

1 Like

I just thought of a slogan.

“Use a travel agent as compulsive about planning vacations as you are (or wish you were)”

That is basically what convinced me to give a Liner TA a try.

The last previous time I voluntarily tried to use a TA was when I was a kid, pre-internet and when Braniff was still flying. She couldn’t even find flights as cheaply as I found with one direct phone call. In the early 2000’s I had a job requiring a lot of travel and the company wanted us to use the in-house TA. I got her fired after she booked me in a Days Inn where the room had a body shaped pool of still tacky blood. You might think it wasn’t her fault, but the companies policy was Courtyard or Courtyard-ish. Going nicer if that wasn’t available was OK. The TA thought that a lowly Engineer didn’t rank as expensive of a hotel as a Courtyard in San Jose, CA. San Jose is about 3x the cost of normal places and was a frequent destination for that company. But, I thought, “A Liner that is also a TA. That could work.”

1 Like

I don’t even know where to begin with this…